• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sheena Quick on Baker Mayfield to Panthers trade

TheSpecialJuan

Baker is better than Darnold, so I do think that the interest is legit, but we aren't gonna pay anything of value to get him knowing that Baker is never gonna play for the browns again and they'll end up having release him. We've probably given the browns an offer of two rusty nickels Fitter found in the parking lot and we'll pick up 4-5m of his salary and told the browns to take it or leave it. The only leverage that the browns have is that they know we want baker, and we don't want to have to start Darnold this year, so they are gonna hold on to him to the very last second to give Baker no time to learn the playbook here and hope that we will come up on our offer to get baker in here sooner. The talks have most likely stopped, and each side is just waiting for the other to cave in. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• People saying we have no natural center on the team is being disingenuous. Yes he is undrafted, but so was Jeff Saturday. When building a roster, you have to ask people to do multiple things or down right allocate resources to different position groups. This isn't Madden which isn't said enough on this board.  Andrew Raym, C, Oklahoma Center was a position of need for the Panthers before the draft, but they waited until after the festivities to bring one into the building. That center is Andrew Raym, who started 29 games over his final three years at Oklahoma. Raym possesses prototypical NFL size at 6-foot-4 and 314 pounds. He uses his strength to his advantage, though analysts noted he has slow hands at the point of attack and can struggle against quicker defenders.  Raym was the anchor of an offensive line that helped the Sooners rank third in the country in yards per game (507.0) in 2023. If he can clean up some of his technical issues and lean into his strengths as a gritty mauler, he could find his way onto the team's final 53-player roster.    
    • fug it.  The Posse 2.0.  We got Monk, now we need our Sanders and Clark.   We have always liked nicknames.  It's what we do instead of winning. 
    • For sure the takes this go around are much more realistic and less prone to simple blind faith. There is optimism but it is about the additions we've made that are being done differently. We are acquiring talent and young talent not low end projects and overpaying to do so. And the fact that so many people are expressing concern about the center position shows the fanbase is finally learning. As I've said before we all want the same thing. There is nothing wrong with difference of opinion. Even with csx we can give each other grief but I've got no beef with him on the whole he's just as committed to the team as me or anyone else. But no one is required to pledge fealty to any coach front office member or owner of this team. For some reason others borderline expect that. I don't get it. But to each his own.