• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WINS AND LOSSES

scratched

With all the additions on the staff and the roster, our playoff hopes, still come down to McCaffrey staying healthy. Without McCaffrey as an option, I can't see us making a run this season. If CMC can stay healthy, we are a 9 or 10-win team. What does everyone else think?

• Pie 1

Our schedule is a monster. I just can't see us getting to .500, even with CMC. He's a difference maker in the league when playing. He may be the premier difference maker outside of franchise QBs. But it still takes a team that's well-coached to win the games that you're supposed to, much less the games that you're not. If our new coaching additions can actually put players into a position to succeed, develop good game plans, and dynamically adapt to the situations at hand, then maybe we'll get to 10 games. The players, especially the QB1 will likely have to be on point with their execution as well.

Basically, a lot of things will have to go right, in addition to CMC staying healthy, for us to get to nine or 10 wins.

• Beer 1

I just don’t see us winning too many games with or without Baker/CMC. We’ve had games the last few years we should’ve easily won and yet find ways to lose, convincingly. Also, we lost our last 7 games last year and it wasn’t even close. Not even competitive. 

Browns - Toss up

Giants - Toss up

Saints - Toss up

Cardinal - Loss

49ers - Loss

Rams - Loss 

Bucs - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Bengals - Loss

Falcons - Toss Up

Ravens - Loss

Broncos - Loss

Seahawks - Win

Steelers - Loss

Lions - Toss Up

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Toss up

Going through the schedule I have 8 games that I can see us having a realistic chance at winning. I feel we can beat the Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Giants, and Browns. 

I’d say at BEST we split with the Saints. We’re 2-9 against them in our last 11 meetings. That’s down to 7 wins. 

We’re also 3-8 against the Falcons in the past 11 meetings, so I’d say we’d split with them too. That’s down to 6 wins. 

That leaves the Giants and Browns. Browns I’d lean to a loss as it’s the first game of the season and Giants are a true wild card. Should be a W, but they beat us by 22 points last year. So let’s say we split those games as one W and one L. That brings us to 5 wins. 

Realistically, we’re looking at a 5-7 win season. I’m sure out offense will be improved, but our defense will probably take a step back. Fun times. 

• Pie 3

Vegas had us at 7.5 wins last year and we ended with 5.
Vegas has us at 6.5 this year with a harder schedule.

Its a wide range, we could be anywhere from 4-10 wins.

I think the McAdoo/Baker/DJ/CMC combo has a very high ceiling.  Our D is not as bad as the jaded Huddle states.

If Baker is still injured or he's off and CMC goes down, and the OL gets ravaged with injuries, and Horn, Donte and Shaq miss significant playing time, we're going to suck again. 

Browns - If no Watson then we should win

Giants - Winnable

Saints - Winnable (No Peyton)

Cardinal - Winnable

49ers - Winnable (Lance's first year starting)

Rams - Loss 

Bucs - Loss

Falcons - Winnable

Bengals - Loss

Falcons - Winnable

Ravens - Loss

Broncos - Loss

Seahawks - Winnable

Steelers - Winnable

Lions - Winnable

Bucs - Loss

Saints - Winnable

I show 11 "winnable games" and 6 games we should lose.  We obviously won't win all 11 winnable games and might upset 1 or 2 of those 6 we should lose.  If all goes well we win more than we lose in the winnable games and maybe get an upset or 2.  I should see us being 8-9 or 9-8 if Mayfield clicks in McAdoo's offense