• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How "emotionally invested" are you?

TheBigKat

In my 20s and early 30s I would be at the games, screaming to the top of my lungs, be hoarse for 3 days because of it, always confidant we would win and if we lost I would have a miserable week to only have a glimmer of optimism by Friday.

It was like that rinse and repeat for my nearly 20 years of rooting for this team after I moved from WV.

Went to the Super Bowl, broken heart, NFC Championship game was one of the best moments of my life 

But it started last season and has permeated to this year, I more meh than ever. I didn't set up a tailgate, preferred to sleep in and roll into the stadium. 

Didn't buy new Panthers gear to start the season, last year's gear will do just fine

Started to really become emotionally unattached. I go to the games and away games to get away from the craziness of the world and enjoy three hours. Hope the team doesn't get blown out and it is entertaining. We win, awesome. We lose, what's for dinner and how's my fantasy lineup looking. Curious to see if this has occurred with others

• Poo 1

I still get excited for the games, and my after loss brooding has shortened to less than 30 minutes.

The reality is that I have ZERO impact on the team.  It's no use to get incredibly upset or overjoyed over the games.  I will always try to enjoy it, one way or another.

Life is too short to drown in needless sorrows.  Be like Elsa and let it go 😃

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I find myself pulling back since shady refs can just pull the rug out from under your team whenever they want.   I just watch it the same way I watched wrestling as a child for the most part.  After our Denver Super Bowl it was pretty obvious how things are in the NFL.   I think most people are trying to win and that is what makes it more annoying that one head ref can just push a game the way they want. 

Meh

It's only a game and I have learned seasons ago that this team will get you pissed off, let you down, and depressed quickly. Better to live your life through family, friends, and hobbies that you actually enjoy.

Edited by Jmac

On days like today, I envy those who are out and about in the world around us.  Shopping, gardening, fapping in public, whatever.  They luckily don't live their life around a football team.  Now, I've never really clicked with someone who wasn't a sports fan of some kind, but just a little today, I envy those with no emotional investment, that can have relaxing Sundays in the fall.  And for those who say it's easy, just let go, sorry it's not that easy.  I've been ride or die Panthers since inception in 1995.  It's in my DNA and will never change.  I'm doomed to suffer for my entire life.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Minimally. Shrugging my shoulders and chuckling losing on a long last second FG after a terrible call and a terrible no call went against us confirmed it. If I gave any fugs I would've been LIVID.

I'm right here.. After the roughing the penalty call .. I knew.. it was over..