• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper did move the team....

Jmac

I mean what exactly are we losing? Tepper has solidified the worst stretch in franchise history…that’s pretty crazy when you think how horrid he is doing

tepper really is a pos if he moves a team no one wants anymore because he fuging destroyed it in the first place

have some fuging dignity and fix this poo

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

Yeah I would quite watching the NFL if he moved the Panthers.. I was a Cowboys fan and I am getting deja vu!! I started hating how Jerry started running the team!! When Carolina became a team I didn’t get to see while stationed in the UK.. when I got back to the states.. it became hard to pull for two teams.. Being from NC.. had to fully support the Panthers!! I hope Tepper becomes a better owner and learns from his mistakes and pulls in a real NFL staff!! I don’t think it’s  his intention to move the team!! We are just skeptical of him right now!! At least I hope 🤞 

I say this every time this subject comes up. 

Panthers ain’t going anywhere. Population and demographics dictates team placements, NC is the 9th largest state with  Charlotte sitting within an 1 hour 30 minute drive of many large cities in the area. 

team ain’t going anywhere. This is a dead subject.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

Id be done with the hardcore side of being a fan. Total normie about the NBA now, and I could not name over 10 current MLBers. From my teens to mid-30s, gave lots of my free time to all the big sports, including nascar.

At best Id be a far away normie NFL fan, that almost happened during the hard politically push into sports hit. Years of being a fan was the savoir, Hell this is the first time in 13 years, no fantasy of any sort. I had a 90 some win yahoo rate and won enough $$$ to fund my booze tab. 

Already sick of gambling being forced on me at every turn, thats the main reason I quit bars..... DVR and bounce around, cannot stand the constant " YOU WILL GAMBLE!!!!!" BS.... Ruins the joy. 

I'd go back to being a Steelers fan. (Don't hate...the first game I ever watched was SB XIII.  I was a kid and I picked the Steelers cause of the colors and the logo on only one side of the helmet.  I could have chosen the cowboys 🤢)

If my homecity got another team, I'd pull for them.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

....that was me.... you from ohio by chance?

Moved there as a kid for 3 years. We were from NC so Braves, Browns and Cavs games were like an exotic spice we never had a chance to taste here in NC in the 80s.

Lol Indians not Braves. Brain fart.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

Would you want the NFL to push for a franchise in North Carolina. A fast and growing market for sure. Would you rather see a MLB team here? Chances of Tepper moving are slim at best, but you never know with the mess going on now. 

I have lost faith in the ownership here. The anticipated state of the art practice facility is not going to happen. Tepper wants public funds to built a new stadium, that also won't happen. 

Would the NFL even approve a move out of this market? Never say never. Anything is possible.

I think this is a common worry when you feel like your team has hit rock bottom.  In 2005, Saints fans worried that Benson would move the team to San Antonio TX.

think of it this way: where would Tepper move the team, that makes more $, than where he is now?

the middle eastern US is growing very fast, right now. There are lots of people moving to NC.  Most are moving to escape taxes imposed by big market states.

I think Tepper knows that a franchise move will not lead to more $ and will not make a winning team.

• Pie 2