• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jacob Eason… Come on down. Thoughts on his limited play?’

panthersgreenville

50 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

Here I go again, getting my hopes up yet again only to likely be let down when he plays next week and throws like 4 picks.. But man, I would be lying if I said he didn’t look miles better than PJ. Yes against a soft, garbage time defense but even still, 6 foot freaking 6 and he was slinging darts, it wasn’t only that but he seemed to pass the eye test, looked comfortable and not scared and showed good poise in the pocket. 

Just some perspective, he basically had more passing yds (or close to it) in 30 seconds then PJ had all game. 

I'm fine with it. He's slightly more prototypical and won't deal with the same issues as Baker or P.J.. Has the arm.

We are tanking at this point though. I haven't seen the Panthers look this bad since 2010. That was worse than 2010 man.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually took that to mean they were more concerned with Baker's long-term health than the immediate...

I'd assume bench him so he can use Rhule and the injury as an excuse to get another job. At this point I doubt Darnold is chomping at the bit to get back on the field lol. McAdoo is that bad so far with our best O-line in like 7 years

Season is dead, question is do we want to see PJ dump it off into the flat and the defense placing everyone and his grandmother in the box?

Att least the kid has an arm for a change, give him five games and see if he can put it together. If he sucks (which is mostly likely). Worst case he is an interception prone gunslinger, that gives away every other game, but also wins games he shouldn't, and that is if nothing else fun to watch.

If he just plain suck no harm done, first pick here we come.

• Pie 1

Well, honestly, it's not like Walker gave us anything except screen and smoke passes. I think that experiment should be over, whether he's healthy or not.

Eason at least looked the part and the INT can be overlooked at the moment because, well, last week he was probably sitting on a couch watching the games. Maybe he can be serviceable, maybe not.

If he can't be the guy, here comes a chance for a lot of unsigned QB potential to rotate through and get a shot. Who knows, we might Happy Gilmore ourselves into something. Or at least we can see a lot of different QB numbers get used.

Might as well have fun with it and cheer the little dudes on.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1