• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Pats relationship with Mac Jones "gone sideways"

Mr. Scot

As a guy who said we should have drafted Jones, and then this past spring said we should draft Zappe...

I think that we could do well with either of them. Both have incredible processing speed and good arms. 

Now that we have Rhule out of the way, we might be able to actually develop a QB, so if one of those guys does need to find a new home, I wouldn't feel bad about it.

My choice of the two would be to take Zappe and let him and Corral work for the starting gig, mostly because I think we could get Zappe for a better deal. Either, though, would be a boost here.

8 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

There is no way he's been worse the STICKY ICKY IMMA HUG YOU AND THE GET OUT DA WAY Ekwonu.

Dude may pan out, but Matt Khalil was better here than Icky has been. Let's be real.

Icky is a rookie.  On a painfully predictable and poorly coached O.  And has looked decent given he is a rookie LT in that scenario.  

He isn’t even on the radar of things to complain about 

Panther nation is in a total tailspin..   Nothing will bring us out of it. We will crash in a jungle in CaroWinds. 

We can't even discuss the Panthers in the current NFL season,, we have to discuss them in future tense. The 2023 season.  

There will be enough survivors to be able to rebuild ( not like a Matt Rhule rebuild ) .  But it's not a stellar group . 

Very few of our current players would be ranked in the top 16 at their position .  Example. there are 16 WR in the league that someone would take before DJ Moore.  16 is the top half of the league. 

So for the next 10 months we are relegated to discuss a possible new head coach and staff..  who can we trade away to get some draft capitol,, what other teams are doing ( ie the Patriots in this 9 page topic ),, will they bring Keep Pounding back ,, the NFL draft and hope we don't win another game unless Detroit wins one and gawd forbid if we beat them and they would have the draft tie breaker of head to head ,, Sad state of affairs for us,  Panther Fans.

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

And your point is? I quoted a post that said he barely did better than Cam and it was in reference to the year after Cam with all the changes they made to their team. 

Because going from an offensive genius like Josh McDaniels to someone like Matt Patricia is a significant downgrade no matter who the quarterback is.

It's not an argumentative point, just a statement of fact.

Edited by Mr. Scot

23 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Because going from an offensive genius like Josh McDaniels to someone like Matt Patricia is a significant downgrade no matter who the quarterback is.

It's not an argumentative point, just a statement of fact.

Well yeah, it is a huge mess this year with Patricia as OC, although Zappe is doing his best Cooper Rush impersonation right now.

• Pie 1

On 10/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, CPcavedweller said:

There is no way he's been worse the STICKY ICKY IMMA HUG YOU AND THE GET OUT DA WAY Ekwonu.

Dude may pan out, but Matt Khalil was better here than Icky has been. Let's be real.

It’s like you haven’t been watching since the preseason. (Not that I blame you)

• Pie 1
  • The D 1