• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Agent 89 vs CMC

Cam's New Arm

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

What's funny is I'm already gearing up to flex on every person who wants CMC traded (especially his No. 1 hater), because every one of them will be whining next October "we shouldn't have traded CMC, [new rookie draft pick] sucks."

Also, without him, this offense will probably only get 7-8 first downs the rest of the season.

So we would lose by 5-7 points more per game?

I mean....do you care if we lose by 17 versus 24? I don't.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Steve Smith would've ear holed the fug out of Von Miller and told him he'll keep doing it just to prove a point that he wasn't going to keep targeting our QB.

I'd love to see Ickey evolve into that enforcer role on the field. Don't see anyone else who's got that nasty streak. But you need those guys to keep the other team honest.

I don't think you'd see Rapp going helmet first on CMC, or CMC getting suplexed with a pit bull like 89 on the field.

If talking purely from a skills perspective, CMC hasn't shown the ability to make insane acrobatic catches with three defenders around him like 89. Also not seeing CMC being a deep threat. 

That said, you can flip the argument and say 89 isn't filling CMC's shoes as a runner and may not quite have the shiftiness when there's bodies all around and relies more on pure grit.

Hypothetically, 89 and CMC would've complimented each other on the same field. Almost would've been unfair.

89 and CMC are simply nothing alike.  I don’t really get the question. 

in their primes? I’d rather have a dominant WR than a dominant RB.   I think the dominant WR can be more impactful overall.  Especially in scenarios if your team gets down. 

same reason I’d probably pick Peppers over Luke.  It’s largely the position.  And Luke IMO is the best actual football player of his position IMO in our history.  Others simply could be more impactful due to their position and also had bigger roles that extended beyond just their actual play.

• Beer 1

If you're talking about 20-something years old Steve Smith, then that 2015 team doesn't lose a game.

You had to double or triple team Smith or he'd beat you himself. You have to keep a safety over the top of Ginn. And no LB is going to stop Olsen from having his way, so you'd need a DB to help there too.

Hell, 20 year old me could rush for 1000 in that offense. But Stewart would break records. The weakest position on that team was the WR group.

• Pie 1