• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions: if Wilks does a good job...

Jmac

If he binds this team together and wins 5 or 6 more games, should he be retained as HC.

Sure that would kill the 'tank' crowd, but is he somehow gets P.J to be the guy this year and team responds positively, what should they do?

Opinions please...

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2

We should do a complete Head Coach search. If he does well, I think he should be in the running. But I wouldn't hand him the job outright considering there appear to be several interested candidates.

I hope he does well, but I don't want us to make the mistakes of last time. Let's go through the process and hire the best person for the job.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

You judge him just like any other head coach in my opinion.

He’s 1-1 with 10 games left, if he can finish with a 12 game record of 7-5 (six more wins) or above then I think you have to seriously consider giving him the job. I think going 7-5 with another coaches roster and staff would certainly qualify you for the job.

And hell, 8-9 might win this division.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Almost 20 teams are either 2-5 or 3-4. Put the tank talk on hold. If we win next week and the Bucs lose to the Ravens we're 1st in the division whether people like it or not

But.... but..... muh draft picks.....

Tank talk should be OFF-LIMITS until the maths states- "NO PLAYOFFS."

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

I would caution against seeing competitive football for the first time in a long time and thinking that's good enough. I like Wilks and they were scrappy yesterday but the panthers HAVE to get this HC/QB combo right this time. 

• Pie 2

If we win a playoff game? Sure, give him a consideration. Six or seven more wins? Nah, for that I’d rather get an offensive minded HC, higher potential. Six or seven more wins with this team would be an accomplishment no doubt, but not impressive enough to make me believe he could turn the team into a consistent winner. Worst thing that could happen is we get a franchise QB in the draft and hire a Rivera-like HC that handicaps the potential of the team. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze