• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Seahawks GameDay Thread

Zod

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Don't take this the wrong way.  I am not a Darnold fan in any way shape or form.  I would love to see us draft someone who because a good NFL qb.  

But he has played fairly well today.  He has thrown the ball well enough to win this game.  

We can't spend more draft picks on QB's where we are picking when QB isn't our issue. We need play makers and an offensive coordinator. Sam with the Rams would potentially look like a Pro Bowler. It's not him. We figured he had a competent coaching staff when he got here but guess what? He didn't.

So he's played under Adam Gase and Matt Rhule.

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Don't take this the wrong way.  I am not a Darnold fan in any way shape or form.  I would love to see us draft someone who because a good NFL qb.  

But he has played fairly well today.  He has thrown the ball well enough to win this game.  

Has he though? Everything has been dump offs minus the knee catch by Marshall and the Shenault first down on the 1st possession

I think he legit has 2 downfield completions. Anyone can do that

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Anyone who thinks that this is a QB issue isn't paying attention. This isn't on Sam. If they would watch All-22 they'd see that our receivers aren't getting open and by the time they are, Sam's window for making a decision is closed.

The passing game can't do anything in close games if your OTs can't pass block without help and your receivers can't get separation, fight for position, and have poor hands.

You are correct. Too many refuse to see it and then want to complain why there are so many screen passes, check downs, and 3 step drops. The OTs and receivers cannot execute in the pocket passing game needed in the redzone, on 3rd and long, and in GWD drive situations.

The only option a QB has is to step up in the pocket because Elf is no longer there and force a quick pass into tight coverage or run it for a short gain and get hit.

• Pie 1