• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilks Credit?

CPcavedweller

Guys talking about bringing him back as DC next year?  Ain’t gonna happen. At this point NOT bringing him back is going to cripple the locker room. 

I get the guys saying wait it out because if we go 1-3 or miss playoffs maybe Tepper let’s him go. But the odds are in Wilks favor right now and I am rooting for him!  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Rookie TEs, and most rookie WRs don’t make major impacts. Jefferson and Chase are not the norm. And there are no Jefferson or Chase type prospects in this draft. We need to draft a QB. For folks who enjoyed the style of game we played today you could have put Anthony Richardson in there and expanded the run-game even more. If we can get a stud offensive coordinator, cool. But then that guy will be gone in a couple years if we are good. It’s why most folks want an offensive mind. 

Rookie WRs are making impacts all over the league. Wilson, Olave, London, St. Brown, Smith and others are showing rookies can get it done. Jefferson and Chase are elite level WRs, but to pretend these other guys have no impact is foolish. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, RenoCarolina said:

Guys talking about bringing him back as DC next year?  Ain’t gonna happen. At this point NOT bringing him back is going to cripple the locker room. 

I get the guys saying wait it out because if we go 1-3 or miss playoffs maybe Tepper let’s him go. But the odds are in Wilks favor right now and I am rooting for him!  

There's no way he comes back as DC.

If he loses a couple more games and we miss the playoffs, I do think Tepper should and will move on.  If we barely lose the division in the end because of 1 game, it'll be a harder decision, especially given some early circumstances (like the bullshit penalty vs Moore etc etc).

• Pie 2

Did I seriously see people proposing keeping him as DC under a new HC? There's absolutely no way that happens and it is an inconceivably bad idea. With the way that the team is fighting for him, you either keep him or you let him go and bring in a whole new staff. Hiring a new HC over top of him while attempting to keep him on is just asking for a disaster of a locker room.

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Rookie WRs are making impacts all over the league. Wilson, Olave, London, St. Brown, Smith and others are showing rookies can get it done. Jefferson and Chase are elite level WRs, but to pretend these other guys have no impact is foolish. 

I should have said major impact. Again, look at your list above, and two of those guys are making major impacts to teams in the playoff hunt. The others, middling stats on middling or lesser teams. We need a guy to come in here and be the #1. Not the #2. 

And to believe that rookie TEs are making major impacts at the moment isn’t accurate. Pitts was the second one ever to make it to 1k yards as a rookie. The others? Are just bit players in year 1. I would expect, depending on who snags TEs in round 1, those guys to be similar to most previous TEs and not Pitts. 

I want an OC minded HC but playing devils advocate Wilks could go the McDermott route like the Bills. And to his credit he wanted the cardinals to draft Allen. He understands you need a QB to win it all in this league.

People are complaining about him being conservative but he literally has to with the personnel we have. Maybe he still would be even with a star qb idk. We were all screaming at Rhule to run the fug out of the ball because HE built the team this way. Wilks is actually playing to the teams strengths however limited the team is.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Castavar said:

This could very well end up being a similar situation to the Raiders with Bisaccia. You think the Raiders aren't wishing they kept him instead of McDaniels? Unless we can either get the Eagles or Lions OC, then just keep Wilks.

I just don't see Wilks as a superbowl HC unfortunately. Just the same mold as Rivera/Fox ball.

Both Rivera and Fox put us in the Super Bowl, I’ll take it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1