• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba

top dawg

I have always said that he is our most explosive back, and it's true. He plays above his weight consistently. He can and does run between the tackles. Give him some credit. The only real knock on him are his hands, and those even look a little better as of late. 

I remember a few (maybe a lot) calling him JAG, clowning him for being picked by Mrs. Rhule, or just saying that he shouldn't be on an NFL roster. What say you now?

• Pie 1

I had no big reaction with the pick either way. I looked at his college tape and he looked good enough to me, knowing I am not a talent evaluator  I don’t expect to know more than the pros do. 4th rounder which suits me for a running back (as opposed to a 1st rounder).

What this really shows here, is that you do not need to spend the top picks or the money on fancy running backs. You need a stout OL and a hungry mid round rb to go with them. 

The two first rounders that held the team record for rushing yards in a game were dethroned by a couple of afterthoughts.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He’s improved a lot but Blackshear looks just as good when the line is moving people.

Blackshear looks like he's got some electricity in him just waiting to sizzle to me. It's hard for him to get too many snaps with Foreman and Chuba ahead of him, but I really like the small sample in terms of "eye test". I think he's got nice awareness and some juice and "want-to" that has me excited.

On the flip-side, Shi Smith seems like about the least aware player on the team. I'm ready to see him jettisoned asap.

• Pie 3