• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy Breakdowns on Panthers physical o-line and run game

Saca312

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

We have to keep James Campen at all costs. He was my FAVORITE coaching signing in the offseason. Dude is proven as an elite offensive line coach.

Hell of a coaching move and I wonder whose idea it was to bring him in and I bet it wasn’t Rhule 

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Baldy does a nice breakdown on the effectiveness of the Panthers run game against the Lions.

Dominance from the o-line is the true reason for their success. Beautiful stuff.

Helps the Lions were nickel for most of the first half too - arguably put they should have at least added an extra linemen or linebacker down and focused in on the run for more plays than they have.

But even so, just goes to show how dominant the offensive line is and can be. Absolutely physical and punishing all the way through. Love to see it.

It’s a beautiful thing to see. This may be the best o line we’ve had in team history. Top 3 for sure. Also, yes they were in nickle a lot and that’s when we gashed them, but we also made them pay as soon as they brought another guy down to the tune of a bunch of big passing plays from Sam. McAdoo called a great great game plan. Gotta give credit where credit is due. That was Bens best game of the season by far.

• Beer 1

I was as happy as any to see our dominant run game but as many posters pointed out, how much of that success was on the total failure of the lions D?  Huge holes at point of contact, missed tackles and leaving safeties to seal off.  It was a joy to see but can we count on that level of ineptitude Sunday?

I hope this team can put together back to back performances like that and not pull another steelers or bengals game this week in Tampa.  Signs point in our favor with Tampa banged up but they still have some weapons on D and I can't see them playing as anemically as the lions did in that first half.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, joemac said:

It’s a beautiful thing to see. This may be the best o line we’ve had in team history. Top 3 for sure. Also, yes they were in nickle a lot and that’s when we gashed them, but we also made them pay as soon as they brought another guy down to the tune of a bunch of big passing plays from Sam. McAdoo called a great great game plan. Gotta give credit where credit is due. That was Bens best game of the season by far.

Campbell acknowledging that they stayed in nickel even when Carolina was going 2-TE was confirmation of the head-scratching decisions they made throughout the game. Carolina's TEs are worthless in the passing game, and they've been feasting at times on the ground, so why not make Darnold and the TEs beat them through the air? Whatever though, Carolina absolutely rolled them.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I was as happy as any to see our dominant run game but as many posters pointed out, how much of that success was on the total failure of the lions D?  Huge holes at point of contact, missed tackles and leaving safeties to seal off.  It was a joy to see but can we count on that level of ineptitude Sunday?

I hope this team can put together back to back performances like that and not pull another steelers or bengals game this week in Tampa.  Signs point in our favor with Tampa banged up but they still have some weapons on D and I can't see them playing as anemically as the lions did in that first half.

David and White [Tampa's LBs] are among the best linebacker duos in the NFL. If we can run on them, we can run on anybody. 

• Pie 2