• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

One thing is for sure, he is a likable guy and a good motivator.  

If not for the 20+/- years of fox ball and RR non-boat, Id be much more open....Ive seen this movie before and ready for different theme..

Plus the fact that defense got worse after he fired Phil Snow and replaced with best bud.....plus the choke job when all you had to do was give DB help to evans side and hed be a playoff coach..... Not impressed by his schemes or gameplans if running the ball didnt work. Piss poor adjusting during the whole game as well. It boiled down to if they can run ball the win% is 80%, if not -18%. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, UnluckyforSome said:

It's really something when the players, even some former guys, are stumping for Wilks to get the job. I am certain that same enthusiasm and energy will be there to celebrate and explain the 8-9, 10-7, 7-10 and 6-11 records that will follow as usual too.

Preach. My biggest fear with Wilks is that he keeps us on this perpetual treadmill of mediocrity. Nowhere close to winning anything meaningful, but also doing just enough each year to convince yourselves one strong offseason can be all that’s needed to take that next leap. I’d rather our next coach fail epically, crashing and burning with like a 2-15 season hopefully in a year with a franchise passer. I’d rather have that than this steady poo of 5-7 win seasons.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

ALSO

We of course all know Wilks was a disaster in Arizona, which obviously wasn’t all his fault. But we also know our defense definitely didn’t get any better under his command. He led maybe the worst defense in all of college football in his one year at Missouri last year.

I beg to know what he’s really excelled at aside of being a DB coach. I mean I’m sorry, but a 53 year old coach whose shining achievement is a 6-6 record against one of the worst schedules in football? 

• Pie 2

I have a suspicion it's going to end up being Wilks.

Everyone in the Media is behind Wilks for the narrative, as are the casual fans of the team from the area. That seems to be all anyone cares about. "He's from Charlotte and was better than Rhule!" Better than Rhule is not a ringing endorsement. They see the box scores at the end of it all and see 6-6 without looking at the absolute embarrassments that were Cincy, Pitt, and TB where coaching failed to produce wins.

A few years back Tepper said Mediocrity was not acceptable, but I fear that's all we'll get with Wilks.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Everyone in the Media is behind Wilks for the narrative, as are the casual fans of the team from the area. That seems to be all anyone cares about. "He's from Charlotte and was better than Rhule!" Better than Rhule is not a ringing endorsement. They see the box scores at the end of it all and see 6-6 without looking at the absolute embarrassments that were Cincy, Pitt, and TB where coaching failed to produce wins.

A few years back Tepper said Mediocrity was not acceptable, but I fear that's all we'll get with Wilks.

Wilks won't be HC. If he stays, he will be DC/Asst HC. I believe the Wilks/Holcomb hires were a long play for Leftwich.

I've been waiting to see what team wakes up to Kafka as HC. He was the coach I wanted instead of the Rgule hire.

I'm good with Leftwich, but Kafka is the homerun if paired with Tierney. 

There are too many questions if Johnson can succeed on his own. He has been the communicator of a 4 headed OC with the Lions that includes Campbell, Brunell, and Staley.

• Poo 2

30 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Wilks won't be HC. If he stays, he will be DC/Asst HC. I believe the Wilks/Holcomb hires were a long play for Leftwich.

I've been waiting to see what team wakes up to Kafka as HC. He was the coach I wanted instead of the Rgule hire.

I'm good with Leftwich, but Kafka is the homerun if paired with Tierney. 

There are too many questions if Johnson can succeed on his own. He has been the communicator of a 4 headed OC with the Lions that includes Campbell, Brunell, and Staley.

Kafka is slowly climbing up my leaderboards in terms of who I actually want.

Apparently Reid was grooming him to take over OC duties once Bienemy got a HC job, but Bienemy never did, so he went and got an OC job with Daboll, and dude turned some chicken salad out of some chicken poo up in NY. I think they ended up being top 10 in DVOA offensively with no receivers, a patchwork line, and Daniel Jones at QB.

That's impressive.

Couple that with the fact he helped make Mahomes Mahomes, he learned under Andy Reid but has shown success without Reid involved unlike every other one of his disciples, and his adaptability to the atrocious personnel he was handed with the Giants, I am very intrigued.

• Pie 3

58 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Yep, it makes too much sense for Tepper. Cheap hire, would earn a lot of good will from the Facebook crowd who think the NFL is a Disney channel movie, fans will defend every fugup. Then in 4 years when the hype wears off and Tepper cans him, he'll be like "this is what you all wanted!!"

All I know is that I will only be watching the games that truly intrigue me.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

From what I have seen concerning his list of candidates, I would say Wilkes ain't gonna get the job.  I like the guy--maybe not as a coach--but he really has not had a fair shake as a HC--just do not think we are in position to gamble with him, concerning our offense.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

From what I have seen concerning his list of candidates, I would say Wilkes ain't gonna get the job.  I like the guy--maybe not as a coach--but he really has not had a fair shake as a HC--just do not think we are in position to gamble with him, concerning our offense.

He’s not gonna get the job because he is not a candidate. It’s Wilks. 

36 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If Reich doesn’t get a head coaching job I 100% guarantee he replaces Steichen as OC of the Eagles. Would be strange if Steichen was hired as Colts HC. 

Not sure about this. Sirianni will want to take back play calling duties, and I don’t think Reich will want a role where he isn’t calling the plays.