• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Ravens are moving on from Lamar should we knock on that door?

TheBigKat

He is a great runner and a decent passer when he is on his game. Definitely would take him but given his injury history and the type of HUGE guaranteed money he wants I would say he isnt worth it and would still look to take my chances in the draft. If he was as good of a passer as he is a runner and we could guarantee him a GREAT offensive line to protect him while somehow talking him into taking less hits and being more mindful of the future when he does run the ball then definitely pursue him but right now as it stands I would avoid unfortunately.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Personally Lamar is my favorite player and I don’t understand the perpetual disrespect he gets.

I don’t blame him one bit not forcing himself to go out and play this weekend. The Ravens are straight garbage without him

He’s worth every bit and then some over Watson.

Tepper can write that fully guaranteed contract 

I want to actually win in the playoffs though.

• Flames 1

When he's on, he's an MVP candidate. 

But like others have said, you might only get that for 8 weeks a year at this point. He walks in and makes us a contender, but for how long? 

We have to draft and pray we hit a franchise guy. You can swing & miss in the draft for a couple of years if need be and it doesn't kill your future. You can't swing & miss on a huge FA/trade QB who will sign an insane contract and comes with the heightened injury risk. 

• Pie 1

Hell no. I think the league is changing it's tune w/ respect to running qb's. Chicago may move on from Fields, Baltimore may move on from Jackson, etc. Running qb's have the same career expectancy as rb's and we know what happened to NFL's view of rb's. And some of us want to take a slightly larger but much less talented qb in Anthony Richardson w/ the nine pick. That guaranteed contract demand is deal breaker.  Might as well just give Chicago the nine for Fields and tell him no way on guaranteed deal.  

3 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Fitt said we wanna get sexy (sure he meant in the draft but I'll use it a bit broader

Idk whats more sexy on offense then

QB: Lamar
RB: Foreman/Chuba/Blackshear
WR: DJ Moore, Quentin Johnston (Rd 1), Terrace Marshall Jr
TE: Darnell Washington (Rd 2)

That offense would put some points up. In fact it probably breaks every team record from 2015 with a competent offensive coaching staff. 

That sounds great, but we'd have to give up a haul for him. He can still get tagged by the Ravens so we'd have to trade at LEAST our 1st and one of our 2nds this year. 

The thought of Lamar behind this line and having Ben Johnson or Shane Steichen calling the offense makes me moist.