• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers receive permission to interview Sean Payton

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

I've seen him once at Chima's on a Saturday night before a Panthers / Saints game.

The guy is an immense prick but with that said I would gladly have him coach this hapless franchise

It feels dirty. Really dirty but we can't pass up on just what we need, Payton or Harbaugh.

• Poo 1

I don't expect some huge bidding war for Sean Payton.  He's 59 years old and what assurances does a team have that he is in it for the long-run?  I think teams have it set in their mind what they are willing to give up, so I don't think this raises or lowers the asking price for him.

31 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'd honestly be fine with a future 1st, not 9th overall this year but 2024 sure. He'll get a 1st or more from whoever he winds up with IMO.

I agree with this.  I might be a little uneasy but that's it.  Ensuring you get a top 5 (at worst top 10) head coach would be worth it.  However preferably I'd rather give up multiple 2nds.  But we'll see.

I really really really don't think we get him and honestly I'd much rather have someone like Ben Johnson or Steichen, but I'm no fool.  Sean Payton is a proven HC.  So definitely good on us for doing our due diligence. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Wild thought - adding Payton to the list is simply a smokescreen for the one remaining Rooney candidate (whoever that may be) to convince them Tepper hasn’t settled on Ben Johnson.  Add a high profile non-minority to the list…brilliant move

Anymore, nothing would surprise me