• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could anything make you quit the team?

Brooklyn 3.0

Any of theses guys on our sideline would send me in search of other ways to spend Sundays - Sean Payton, Tom Brady, Deshaun Watson, or Aaron Rogers.

Moving the team

If it was ever proven that the team willingly lost games or even just didnt try to win them.

Edited by Cullenator

If the team left the state it would be dead in my eyes.

I love the team but there are players, coaches and owners I won't do anything but cheer against regardless if they are employed here. Watson was one for me. Payton is another. Tepper has been not good but he hasn't hit Jerry Jones level yet. 

Guys like Wilks or Caldwell would probably cool me off and check me out for a while, no interest in watching much more known mediocrity. Not dead, just disengaged to protect my mental health.

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

For serious? What team would you have followed? Or, would you had taken a break from the NFL?

Other than for fantasy football, I would have been done with NFL. I'm getting close to being there anyway. It's basically the WWE with the way refs are allowed to steer the outcomes of games now anyway. Unless the NFL takes action to fix some of this stuff, I'll probably be done in 5 years or so. At that point, just hire Vince McMahon and get it over with. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, OceanRider said:

If they move out of NC

This for me too. Except if it’s just over the border in SC. Don’t see that happening though. 

I do wish they were closer to eastern NC. It would make watching them a lot easier, but if they remain in NC, they’ll always be my team. 

• Beer 1

i do not think there is anything the team could do that would make me not be a fan. but not pulling for the panthers, I would then have to choose another team, which i could never see myself doing and be AS invested as I am in this team. 

i DID NOT want Watson and I wouldn't have been happy, but I do not think I would suddenly become a Chargers fan. 

I've had one foot out the door for a while now. The only NFL football I've watched the last 2-3 years has been what little of Panthers' games I've watched and I didn't watch a whole game all season. As others have said, relocating or sticking with Rhule. Depending on who ends up the new coach and QB could be the end of my fandom too. I can get my football fix watching college games where I have zero interest in any of the teams outside of wanting to be entertained.

• Beer 1

Me moving or team moving.

If I retire in AZ, I'm probably not getting whatever service NFL ticket is on and would probably just follow the Cardinals or just watch whatever AFC game is on and read about the Panthers.  

If the team moved away, I might still read about them for a bit, but just watch whatever games the network decides to give me. 

I have adopted new NFL and NCAA teams since I moved away from PA 25yrs ago.  It's not that hard.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I might be tempted to do it, but only if there was a new franchise in its place. I wouldn't, like, go back to rooting for Washington for example (or in my case, the Steelers). I might not even switch if the new franchise was the Charlotte Cheetahs as opposed to the Carolina Cheetahs for example. I take pride---I don't know why---in my birthplace and how it's represented. But I'm more a Triangle guy than a Charlotte guy. My peeps hail from Raleigh mostly, but I do have ties with extended family in South Carolina (including the Rock Hill area ironically).

Interesting. I don’t have a preference between “Charlotte” or “Carolina”, and I’m from pretty far from Charlotte: Sampson County. I had never even been to a game before 2010 when I was home on leave and able to finally make the trip to Charlotte. When I lived in NC up to 01 I was too young and/or broke to make the trip.  

Before the Panthers I was a Cowboys fan, since there was no regional option. Even if there had been a South Carolina team I doubt I would have chosen them. SC is no different from Virginia, just a neighbor. 

Moving was the nail in the coffin for the hornets for me. I was as diehard about them as I am the panthers but once I knew they were headed to N.O I checked out completely.

Moving would likely jump on the Giants bandwagon with my wife.

All that being said I’ve already taken a step back in my fandom, as I sold my PSL’s midway through the 2016 season.