• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

This belongs here:

Steichen isn't going to come in and bully anybody. He's going to have to take his lumps and pay his dues. He will be analyzed and broken down to his base elements and he'll have to adjust every time. Instead of being responsible for one position group it will be a whole team and every detail associated with it.

Is he a guaranteed bonafide HC? No. A lot of hope going into unknowns around here. It's unfair to demand instant results from a guy who hasn't done the job yet.

You want what you want but if exactly what you want included a learning curve and getting out coached before not getting out coached while the loss column continued to multiply, will the hot new next coordinator up continue to get the same support from the "hot new" crowd?

These are probably the same folk that were happy with Matt Rhule tearing thing up until they realize... he's tearing things up. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Matt Rhule was the "hot new" the media put up on a pedestal. Jim Harbaugh was the guy Vegas thought the Panthers would hire. 4 years later, where's that "new hot"?

Sean Payton has the experience this team needs. Not the correct choice, too costly so...

prayer GIF

Harbaugh 2023

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Jesus Christ its really gonna come down to Steve Wilks vs Steichen.

That is such a wild final 2. One an older defensive minded huge mistake waiting to happen; one a high risk/high reward young OC. 

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Hum it is now being reported that a “mystery team” is watching the Payton situation. It might be time to saddle up? Wow

Could McCarthy be available soon?

I would take McCarthy for a 3rd if he brings Dan Quinn as DC.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Ok. Give me results. Results on the field since he has owned the team? I beg to differ, the product on the FOOTBALL field has continued to regress and he refuses to do sane and rational things.

One of the most important things, in my opinion, that a new owner...or any owner for that matter...can show is patience.  Let's say he pulled Irsay or McNair no one really wants to work for them.  Not learning would mean Payton would be hired, sure Rhule was the wrong choice, but he wanted to make a splash and he did!  Many were on board with that when we hired him including me; and I don't think him showing patience with Rhule was a bad thing.  But I'm with you, I want results, that's why I think he is learning, he knows he can't just hire someone like he did with Rhule, he and the organization are taking their time, doing the interviews, doing the research and hoping the make the right decision this time whether its a splash (Payton) or what we, as fans feel is a dud (Wilks) but "RIGHT" none the less

4 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

No he's not. When has Wilks had even a decent QB? Never is the answer. 

When has he punted the football at midfield on 4th and 1 against the greatest QB of all time in a win or go home situation?

twice is the answer.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4

20 minutes ago, travisura said:

I'm already mentally preparing for it to be Wilks. At least then it'll be expected and I won't feel as let down.

Yep and then we'll get months of fluff about how much the players love him. Then at some point in the season we'll get the doors blown off by a real contender and we'll get the same excuses again. We know our Carolina Panthers by now.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yep and then we'll get months of fluff about how much the players love him. Then at some point in the season we'll get the doors blown off by a real contender and we'll get the same excuses again. We know our Carolina Panthers by now.

Mentally prepared to read one morning Breaking News : Wilks to be the Panthers Head Coach

So that way, when I actually see Steichen to be the Panthers Head Coach, i'd basically faint.

• Beer 1