• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lombardi: Panthers trying to trade Corral. Can be had for a "ham sandwich"

SuperBowlBound

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

I'm certainly in the camp that Rhule had most of the say but I'm not absolving Fitterer of anything. Frankly, the drafts have stunk. That's on everybody in the offices on Mint St.

Until Panthers draft performance improves, fans should remain justifiably skeptical of Scott Fitterer's performance as GM.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

the drafts have stunk.

Not calling you out specifically on this, but if our drafts have stunk, what does a good draft look like?

Needless to say, Overall I do not feel this way, at all. I'm genuinely curious what most folks expect from a draft class?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sounds like a guy just talking some poo/trying to be funny. 

If we trade him this fast, whether you like him or not, that’s an asinine waste of resources.

I think I’m just gonna ignore any public talk involving “panthers” and “qb”. It just seems like that’s the only talking point for the team, and every Tom, Dick, and Harry throws poo against the wall right now. 

• Pie 4

Matt Corral is a good example of why a team needs to do what it takes to move up in the draft and get a QB that they can build on for the future instead of wasting a lower round draft pick on a QB that will have a very slim chance of panning out and will set the team back another year in that regard while the  search continues.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I know that everything is Rhule’s fault, but Matt must have looked pretty bad in practices last year if this is indeed true. I remember reading one day during training camp they had him on another field practicing hand offs. He may have been way further behind than advertised. He damn sure didn’t look the part during his only preseason appearance. (I know, I know, he was with the 3s.)

There’s more to this story than we know if this “dream” coaching staff has already given up on him.

Word was that he got very little reps in practice due to the competition for the starting role.  To be fair...our current coaching staff has seen nothing of him.    I do not know if he has potential or not.  Not sure there is evidence to know if anyone does at this point.

And I blame Rhule for everything...and Tepper for hiring him. 🙂

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Until Panthers draft performance improves, fans should remain justifiably skeptical of Scott Fitterer's performance as GM.

I don't know what to make of Fitts. This draft and off season will tell me a lot about him as a GM. Scuttlebutt is Rhule was a yapping chihuahua that wouldn't leave anyone alone until he got what he wanted. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I wouldn't put it past Mike Lombardi to have a bit of an axe to grind with the Panthers after they got rid of his friends and relatives on the staff. It's only human nature. Pat Stewart's gone, Matt Rhule's gone, his son Matt's gone. he was actually a fairly reliable insider for Panthers tidbits while those people were with the Panthers. but now they're gone, and he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the team right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

On his GM Shuffle podcast today, Mike Lombardi was talking about teams saying they weren't interested in Lamar Jackson and the Panthers came up. Around the 29:35 mark, Lombardi says: "[Since] Tepper has owned the Panthers, all he's cared about is trying to find a franchise quarterback and now you're telling me he's not interested in Lamar? Maybe Frank Reich doesn't want Lamar, doesn't want to run that offense. I get that. But you know they're interested in every quarterback. Look, last year they drafted Matt Corral - okay - they drafted Matt Corral, supposed to save their franchise - they're trying to trade Matt Corral now. You can have Matt Corral now for a ham sandwich."

Right after that he mentioned the Panthers getting rid of players Rhule brought in with the exception of Horn. Also mentioned they aren't interested in resigning Sam Darnold.

Interesting couple of minutes. The time it starts may vary based on how you listen to your podcast.

Link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/jets-fly-out-to-aaron-rodgers-daniel-jones-signs-%24160m/id1458884463?i=1000603483736

Goodbye Ekwonu 😉

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The entire media has called us out for not going after Lamar.

We're losers that's why. Just look at the QB's we had under Tepper Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater.

No. We’re not. The adults are in the room now, and they have a plan. I can guarantee that. Just wait and see what happens, Champ. 

4 hours ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Lombardi is plugged in around the league. His son was on staff last year but isn't no longer. Take what he said (along with anybody else) with a grain of salt this time of year. 

Thought I'd share though. The thing that's really bothersome about the Corral pick is the Panthers gave up a future 3rd to get him. If he's the guy, no big whoop. But a top 90 pick is a premium pick. Was that Rhule? Seems like it - Fitterer & the FO better start hitting on some picks.

They’ve been REALLY bad outside of the first. Like really, really bad. 

• Pie 1

Lisfranc was a bad break for him. It is touchy recovery, and we don’t have any information about how he is coming along.  Then the timing. It doesn’t seems as if he is gonna be ready to compete. 

I am looking at all that before I am looking at coaches liking or not liking him. But man he better hope somebody burns whatever hard drive his preseason play is stored on. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The entire media has called us out for not going after Lamar.

We're losers that's why. Just look at the QB's we had under Tepper Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater.

As if the common sports media has any credibility at all.

• Pie 2