• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers still have $23.5M in cap space

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

It may also be a good investment for us to  let him play out the tag. There is a chance that he might underperform in the 3-4 and it would be better to not be tied to a multi-year deal for heavy bucks when the player can't live up to it. 

I don't think Burns will underperform, I think he will thrive, but we've seen it happen before when the big contract gets put into place. 

I dont think its ever a bad idea to let players play to the end of their contract... 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, RJK said:

Ok so the sanders/thielen deals look less annoying now. Shaq a real one for that 

Dam real one he understands this game he’s been paid very very well. These are the sacrifices that build strong contending teams. He sees what’s coming star qb strong staff there has to be some quality pieces for a low cap hits.

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

Fitterer is doing some WORK

Real deal work this one off-season he’s showing me he’s a very good GM need to see his picks this year but freeing him from that last dude I’m feeling he’s what we expected.

1 hour ago, FugginPoo said:

If we hit on the QB with the 5 year cheap contract we are set to dominate FA and make Super Bowl runs 2024-2027 years.  Especially in the NFC

Bingo we need to hit on our draft this year a couple key contributors and we’re lined up for it. Maybe just maybe a second yr Super Bowl run like top qbs so when things around them around truly in place. From coaching to the line to top talent at key spots De/Cb/Ol/Wr but I’ll take just being a contender for the next few years 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I thought a Burns extension would be one of the first orders of business this offseason considering how much cap space it frees up.  That and Shaq's reworked deal. 

Burns extension is probably going to be pretty tough after the news of that trade offer.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Shaq’s new deal…

9CE36182-584D-4A40-96B3-B94AFE2EE48D.jpeg.a94f083af6c3b8ff493aff71eb978865.jpeg

Interesting. Basically Shaq took his salary in 2023, spread it out to 2024 effectively giving us a "free year" and spreading the cap hit even more by adding the dummy years. Now granted it's not really a free year because we would've alternatively just cut him and he wouldn't have seen any of that salary, but he could've recouped that and perhaps more on a new free agent contract elsewhere. We basically ripped up his old contract and gave him a 2 year $12 million contract so it depends on whether you think he'd get more or less than that on the free agent market. This feels line a fair compromise for both sides. 

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Interesting. Basically Shaq took his salary in 2023, spread it out to 2024 effectively giving us a "free year" and spreading the cap hit even more by adding the dummy years. Now granted it's not really a free year because we would've alternatively just cut him and he wouldn't have seen any of that salary, but he could've recouped that and perhaps more on a new free agent contract elsewhere. We basically ripped up his old contract and gave him a 2 year $12 million contract so it depends on whether you think he'd get more or less than that on the free agent market. This feels line a fair compromise for both sides. 

Not to disagree, but my thought is he may retire at seasons end, dont know how thats changes the dead money and such. just my guess.