• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

It’s not about nostalgia, it’s about Matt corral having a pair. Clauses didn’t wear 2 at notre dame. He wasn’t attached to it. He didn’t give it up because hes still a grown man.

Clausen’s #7 wasn’t available when he was drafted. It also wasn’t available when Cam wanted #2 the next year. Jason Baker wore #7. 

DJ Moore is gone. #2 is available. It wasn’t available last year. 

It’s not the same situation. 

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Clausen’s #7 wasn’t available when he was drafted. It also wasn’t available when Cam wanted #2 the next year. Jason Baker wore #7. 

DJ Moore is gone. #2 is available. It wasn’t available last year. 

It’s not the same situation. 

Clausen didn’t not change his number because he liked 2. He didn’t change his number because he didn’t feel like he should roll over for the new guy when he was still conceivably that guy. It was a very common topic of discussion around here for a time. He didn’t have some weird attachment to 2. You can believe that or not but it was what it was and I’m not going to sit here going around and around with you over it. 

I still remember that glorious chapter of huddle history with PantherFanForLife banging the drum about what an alpha Jimmy clausen was for refusing to back down to Scam and give him his number 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I am thinking like Scott Fitterer here, not MHS:  "Sure, I would take first rounders to give up on Young and take Stroud or AR---if you give me picks #2 and #12 this year--I would do it.  That is unlikely, so we are going with the guy who made us move up in March--Bryce"  And I do not think Ryans or the Texans would do it.  He is a defensive-minded coach and he does not see bringing in a QB to pilot a ship that is still under construction. (based on his recent presser).

I would love #2 and #12, but I'd also accept #2 and #33 or #2 and next year's first.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Exactly. 0.0000% chance that we trade away a known commodity with the idea to turn around and move back down. it just isn't happening.

We traded up for Bryce Young and gave the other QBs a chance to make a case to be selected with the first overall pick - they didn't, so we're taking Bryce.

It's time to get on board the BY9 train.

You are probably the only one with the sources inside the organization to be able to make these statements. The rest of us have to rely on many small puzzle pieces. It absolutely sounds like Young, but everyone else, outside of you, doesn’t know if the current 1and 2 are very close or not. If very close, this is not completely inconceivable that they are willing to move back to number 2 if they get the right offer, even if it is unlikely.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Exactly. 0.0000% chance that we trade away a known commodity with the idea to turn around and move back down. it just isn't happening.

We traded up for Bryce Young and gave the other QBs a chance to make a case to be selected with the first overall pick - they didn't, so we're taking Bryce.

It's time to get on board the BY9 train.

If the pick is Young then so be it but until then nobody here can say the Panthers will not trade back is a false assumption. Everybody here will find out the true intentions of the Panthers when draft day is here.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523

So here is the timeline of the past 72ish hours:

Texans are not sold on Stroud and may go Anderson

National guys and local beat reporters start saying its young

Panther guys still say a trade down is available

Young meets with Texans

Person reports we like AR and would be a pick if we trade down

thats choppy I admit but if you add that up it kindof does look like we are trying to bait houston to trade

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

I've said since the trade that it wasnt for Bryce or CJ but for AR. 

Going to #3 like originally intended doesn't make sense for CJ or Bryce, but does for AR. The cost for #1 was similar so they jumped for it. Played the process and BY jumped out to them. 

Still 100% think the pick is AR because to get him you had to jump #7 #5 and #4 for sure. 

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I've said since the trade that it wasnt for Bryce or CJ but for AR. 

Going to #3 like originally intended doesn't make sense for CJ or Bryce, but does for AR. The cost for #1 was similar so they jumped for it. Played the process and BY jumped out to them. 

Still 100% think the pick is AR because to get him you had to jump #7 #5 and #4 for sure. 

That makes a bunch of sense and add to it the fact that Chicago's GM said we wanted to control the draft. Why would we want to control the draft, if we knew we were taking a certain Qb at 1... its because  we were trying to get in position  to still move back if need be and get a guy they really like. It does have vibes of AR but I'm sure they are all going over all 3 very intensively!!!