• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another one falls into the trap that is Sam Darnold

NAS

5 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Not true. Here is the quote:

Steve Wilks was our interim coach so we was not the coach for the whole year but rather part of the year. And I did not list Darnold stats for only one game. I listed several. Funny to see people polish Darnold's knob and crap all over Matt Corral. 

You posted an image with his stats but your comment only addressed one game, his worst. Why do that unless you have an agenda to push? Darnold wasn’t a bad QB last year. 

• Beer 1

Take away that last game and iirc Sam was damn near top 5-10 in the league QBR wise iirc...

He made some throws that made me smdh but he also threw some last season that made my jaw drop. 

Just that improvement showed me he can further develop (to a certain point). 

I will say, I would have been happy to have him as a backup under Reich. He's the perfect QB to come in for a 4-5 game stretch if need be (from wat I saw last season). 

I think he goes to San Fran and lights it up...atleast for a few games. Too many weapons to fail. Shanahan definitely has something in mind for Darnold. I wouldn't bet against it just yet. 

9 hours ago, NAS said:

Everyone thinks they can fix Darnold.  He does throw a nice ball, but unfortunately often to the other team or over the head of the receiver.  

This is like when some women fall in love with bad boys thinking they'll be the ones to reclaim them and make them husband material again.  Darnold is who he is.  He has limited processing ability (probably scored an 18 on the S2 test), no composure under pressure, can't throw receiver open to save his life.

It's hoping against hope.

The story has been written, but people still refuse to read it.

• Pie 2

Golfing out here in the Bay Area with a buddy who is a big SF fan. Waiting at the first tee box the guys behind us saw his 49er golf bag and they started talking football. Dude was like even if Purdy can’t play we can win a championship with Sam Darnold. After a good 30 seconds of hearty laughter I told him exactly like Ethan Suplee did to the little kid in Mallrats, “you dumb bastard…”

I told him I’m a Carolina fan and good luck with all that. 

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, NAS said:

This is like when some women fall in love with bad boys thinking they'll be the ones to reclaim them and make them husband material again. 

Nope.

Modern women just want their significant-others to do as their told.

Darnold is the poster-boy for that.

I hated the Darnold trade, and still think we got fleeced by the Jets, but he seemed like a better player after coming back from injury and replacing baker, he played well enough to beat Tampa, but our lack of a competent DB proved to be our downfall , I honestly would have been fine with rolling with him if we didn't go all in on the draft this year 

• Pie 1

I sincerely hope he resurrects his career, and I'm damn happy that Shanny is giving him a chance to do so.

That guy had Gase and Rhule as HC's as a very unpolished QB with incredible athleticism and a great arm....I mean, just how bad of a situation is that to be in if you started like 12 college games.

Dude never even complained one time.  Gotta respect that....even if he was a mess for us.

20 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I sincerely hope he resurrects his career, and I'm damn happy that Shanny is giving him a chance to do so.

That guy had Gase and Rhule as HC's as a very unpolished QB with incredible athleticism and a great arm....I mean, just how bad of a situation is that to be in if you started like 12 college games.

Dude never even complained one time.  Gotta respect that....even if he was a mess for us.

It's also worth noting that even CMC said he had never seen coaching like he got when he arrived in SF and pretty much everyone can agree CMC did not have issues with processing. 

I thought Gase was bad until Rhule handed him his beer. I truly have no idea what Sam can be as a QB. Wish him the best because he's certainly had some of the worst and still carried himself with respect. 

Well at least until he's playing us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Has any former Panther ever inspired more excuses than Sam Darnold?

I don't know if it's always excuses so much as there are people who really want him to succeed because he's a genuinely nice guy.

Hell, I'd be happy to see him do well.

I just don't have a lot of confidence that it's going to happen.

• Pie 2