• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Underdogs

NAS

7 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

They have a stud wr, rb and te. Some people thought highly of Desmond Ridder. He did get better during his four starts, but I doubt he ends up as a quality NFL starter. More likely the shine wears off over the course of the season and they are back to trying to find a qb. 

Weird situation, they were in run/rpo/play action like 90% under Mariota so who knows how good the O-line/ridder/London/Pitts can be with whatever adjustments they're making. I thought ridders college tape sucked so I'm not that worried about anything besides the run game

7 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Favorite one is the ESPN over/under. 

Says Panthers will compete for worst record in the league and that Bryce is a downgrade at QB. 

Link

Screenshot_20230512_202002_Chrome.jpg

Unbelievable.  How is this idiot employed 

• Pie 1

Found this quote on espn.com today to even out the downgrade quote earlier.

I have no idea who this person is or what an "andscape" is but he likes young id say.

Jason Reid, senior Andscape writer: Bryce Young is embarking on a career that will one day culminate with his enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Some guys just have it, and Young is one of those guys.

guys…has a first year coach and rookie qb ever won a division? Let alone go on a deep playoff run like so many here suggest? Like ever? I can’t think of a time.

why do we need ‘haters, doubters, disrespect? must be a generation thing and it’s weird tbh, I was always taught respect is earned when I played ball

objectively speaking the Saints should have this division pretty easily. For now. The panthers will have their turn but be realistic. It’s in a couple years

On 5/12/2023 at 3:50 PM, NAS said:

I listen and read a lot of the national media and it baffles me how many of them are jumping on the Falcons bandwagon to win the NFCS.  Some even think Panthers “take a step back” this year. 

I am so glad they’re underestimating this roster and coaching staff, and they’re disrespecting Bryce as the #1 pick.  

So weird how the during the pre-draft Young was the media darling. Now the switch has flipped and all of a sudden he isn’t any longer. 

I have only heard 1 person say they think ATL has a chance to win the NCFS; I’ve heard several national folks say they wouldn’t be surprised if the Panthers do. Most think it’ll be the Saints because Carr is the best QB in the South, but the Panthers get much more love from national media than the Falcons. 

• Pie 1

However, not everyone is riding high on the Panthers' hype train. ESPN's Doug Kezirian doesn't even see Carolina eclipsing its win total from a year ago.

"Under 7.5 wins.I am a Frank Reich believer, but what else is there to like? I think Carolina downgrades at quarterback with an undersized Bryce Young. Even in a weak division, the Panthers could compete for the league's worst record."

[ SCHUYLER CALLIHAN SPORTS ILLUSTRATED CAROLINA PANTHERS NEWS]      A downgrade at quarterback? From PJ Walker and Sam Darnold? Well, uh, that's quite the take. I'm not a gambling expert such as Kezirian, but I have Carolina winning ten games. In addition to an incredibly weak division, the Panthers also have games against the Texans, Colts, Bears, and Titans. It's a very favorable schedule. Sure, they may finish 8-9 or 9-8 but 7-10 or worse just doesn't seem possible unless there's a laundry list of injuries.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/article275412246.html#storylink=cpy

On 5/12/2023 at 3:57 PM, mydaddysmamasdaddy said:

For the most part, the national media latches onto certain teams.

That's because they all plagiarize from one another instead of doing research. All it takes is on "respectable" source to say something and they all regurgitate it.

• Pie 1