• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It’s not going to be cheap to retain Derrick Big Baby Brown

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Easier to pay them both now when we have a rookie franchise QB so that we are not having to pay 50+ million per season plus others like Burns and Brown

Oh for sure. A legit franchise QB on a rookie contract is the best roster asset in the NFL. There's not even a close second.

• Pie 4

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish we had been better positioned to capitalize on Brown's and Burn's rookie contracts. Because yeah, they're gonna be expensive moving forward.

There was an obvious way to capitalize on Burns and it rhymes with laid with the dams

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

He was never going to be cheap

If he doesn’t hike the QB hits/sacks, I don’t think he’ll be as expensive as people think. Bozeman was going to cost us upwards of 12M per year according to many in here, but he got half that. Brown is solid but in 3 of Williams 4 years he’s had as many sacks in each year as Brown has in his 3 year career. Heck Williams more than doubled Brown’s career sack total last year.

I may be wrong but I see Brown as a $15M a year guy. Also, we’ve got Brown for two more years with the 5th year option.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

If he doesn’t hike the QB hits/sacks, I don’t think he’ll be as expensive as people think. Bozeman was going to cost us upwards of 12M per year according to many in here, but he got half that. Brown is solid but in 3 Williams 4 years he’s had as many sacks in each year as Brown has in his 3 year career. Heck Williams more than doubled Brown’s career sack total last year.

I may be wrong but I see Brown as a $15M a year guy. Also, we’ve got Brown for two more years with the 5th year option.

I expect him to blow up in a big way this year. 

What do I know. 

Brown's lack of sacks should help keep the price down relative to guys like Quinnen. Brown has 6 career sacks through 3 seasons, Quinnen has 27.5 through 4. I don't think we'll have any issues keeping him for good value compared to what he provides on the field because of the lack of those flashy stats. Quinnen isn't a comparable at all.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Every time it's time for our young elite players to get paid someone makes a thread about how expensive they will be.

My response is how much are you paying them out of your pocket?

Get paid young men get paid! I will never tell any football player not to get the most money they can. This sport is dangerous and these men have families to feed. Get the most money you can while you can.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1