• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bootleg Football[ft. Brett Kollman]: The Panthers are actually a sneaky good team?

thunderraiden

Post em if you got em. Bootleg Football (I like Brett Kollman's content) just posted up their Panthers episode this morning. They've covered the rest of the division already and will have an NFC South video up later today or tomorrow (if it's not up already).

This one was already posted in a thread of its own. Solid video.

This one is about half as long as the above. Haven't gotten to start it yet, but included here in case somebody else gets to it and finds it to be pretty good!

A sub-10min video for those on the go

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, ClawOn said:

With the shift in the market, Sanders deal is the largest given to a free agent RB this off-season.  We needed help but the contract may ultimately cause some regret.  Still hopeful personally 

His annual value on that deal is NOT nearly enough to be a cause for concern. It's like 6-7M per season for a HB who's 25 currently. 

The backs that didn't get ''paid'' are the ones seeking CMC / Derrick Henry Money -- hell even Joe Mixon took a pay cut, as well as Aaron Jones. 

You still have to have legit talent at the position, and teams like NYG choosing to pay a mid QB 40M, over the guy that was they reason their team functioned is a perfect example of how desperate teams are at QB, they'd overpay an average to below average guy franchise money, while ostracizing their best player in the course. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Reich offense is rb by committee. The odds are a reflection of that 

Jonathan Taylors 232 carries in 2021, and 332 carries in 2022 would like to have a word with you....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4242335/jonathan-taylor

If anything the offense features the ''primary'' back keep in mind over those years guys like Nyheim Hines, and Marlon Mack were also on that Colts roster. 

All signs point to Sanders being a ''big'' part of the offense which is why I think we haven't seen another vet added -- Chuba, Blackshear, and possibly Peoples are probably penciled in as the depth. 

For the most part the offense Thomas Brown comes from with the Rams featured Gurley while he was healthy, we saw a bit of a split / back and forth with the other back I can't think of at the moment; but both offense have a history of ''featuring'' the number one.

My take on who is great vs good vs. mediocre vs bad vs. gawd awful is that you can't tell much in September.  That became more true with the shortened preseason and training camps.  We've all seen teams look untouchable in September and then fail to reach .500 (the Bills used to be good at that) or teams that stunk in September but were on fire afterwards.  September is almost like "preseason that counts." 

This team could really prove that, especially if they start slow.  It is not likely a team is going to stink themselves out of contention in the NFCS in those first four games.  While I don't expect us to stink, I do think this season to age well for us.  Hopefully by December that means we move on to the postseason. 

Our roster is not stacked.  Few are.  Even our weak spots are not so bad that I am thinking "this will be a fiasco."  CB health and how the WR corps performs are two areas of concern.  But, if those things work themselves out this should be an interesting season.  I think a lot of teams can say that, but for the first time in years I feel pretty good about the direction we are pointing.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

13 hours ago, t96 said:

Bryce is the big unknown. If he’s the real deal we could be an 11-12+ win team. If he’s not or takes time to get there we may not be a playoff team but we should still be no worse than last year.

I've seen a lot of concern over us starting slow or "in a hole" because of a rookie QB or new offensive and defensive systems, but with this o-line and RB room, we should be able to win by just running the ball down their throats for the first few games. I don't see ATL or NO slowing our run down much. That may be all it takes to start the season with 2 division wins!

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I've seen a lot of concern over us starting slow or "in a hole" because of a rookie QB or new offensive and defensive systems, but with this o-line and RB room, we should be able to win by just running the ball down their throats for the first few games. I don't see ATL or NO slowing our run down much. That may be all it takes to start the season with 2 division wins!

Atlanta has a pretty good run game as well.

• Pie 3

11 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Reich offense is rb by committee. The odds are a reflection of that 

Nah that's false

All 4 of his full seasons in Indy (i'm too lazy to check last year), he had a Bellcow HB taking over 60% of the carries, capped off by the 19 and 20 seasons having Johnathan Taylor taking 292 and 392 carries respectively. 

If Sanders is mid then yeah, we'll probably have a by committee but I expect us to run Sanders like 80% of the snaps and him to do fine at it. I'd say he's a steal at his current ADP. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

Every talking head has the same dumb opinion on our division. They’ve never seen a panthers team with youth, pedigree, and versatility amongst the all coaching ranks. Mild amount of jock riding over master mid Derek Carr. 28-30th best qb in the nfl Ridder is also a factor as well… I am , have been, and will be high on THIS team and it’s gonna be sweeter than we could’ve imagined.

Guess you didn't bother listening, they were high on us too.

• Pie 1

On 7/19/2023 at 7:32 PM, thunderraiden said:

Which is crazy that the season totals for Miles Sanders in Vegas are all extremely low.

image.thumb.png.faa69ca8417d2d250f0a0ca8c12fa888.png

bet all three over.

if you win spilt the winning with people whom need some help//

if you lose, idont joew you....

10 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Guess you didn't bother listening, they were high on us too.

Moreso aimed at the other 99%, lol. Even see dumb articles all over about trading TMJ to the Chiefs for peanuts and Bears hype reporters saying “what If Carolina’s pick is in the top 5”.

• Pie 1