• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice Thread 8/1/23

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Say Bryce has to miss a game or two and we're smth like 7-5, who you trusting Dalton or Corral?

Thats not looking at the bigger picture.  We know what dalton is.  Him playing 2 games with or without reps isnt moving the needle.  Why not do as much as you can to get MC up to speed and make him look the absolute best he can in the event you can move him if need be.  Andy dalton is nothing more then a low low ceiling back up.  He looked like ass all last year as a starter getting the reps.  

But again its just telling to me what the staff thinks of Corral.  Not a good look

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats not looking at the bigger picture.  We know what dalton is.  Him playing 2 games with or without reps isnt moving the needle.  Why not do as much as you can to get MC up to speed and make him look the absolute best he can in the event you can move him if need be.  Andy dalton is nothing more then a low low ceiling back up.  He looked like ass all last year as a starter getting the reps.  

But again its just telling to me what the staff thinks of Corral.  Not a good look

It’s what most of us thought of Corral 

I don't care about Bryce throwing picks every day. I actually welcome it. He's finding what works and what doesn't at the next level. That's what practice is for. Honestly, I would be worried IF Bryce was slicing our defense 24/7 because that would mean two things:

1) Our defense is going to be complete ASS this year

2) Bryce peaks too early in training camp and has no room to grow

People need to chill lol

• Pie 9

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has an insanely low ceiling and we know what he is.  We arent winning with him.  Why not try and develop a qb we spent draft capital on that might be able to trade down the road?

I firmly believe that Dalton, if called upon, could keep us competitive and win games. He was a decent QB last season on a very bad football team. 

• Beer 1

If you listen to players an coaches talk you will hear of earning reps. It's a camp and practice process that I'm pretty sure Reich, Caldwell, McCown, Brown, and Staley might have a little experience with.

First and foremost they are going to prepare the 2 QBs they personally selected for their roster. It seems rather obvious.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, t96 said:

I didn't see any video but I thought I read that it was a miscommunication? Obviously you don't want to release the ball if there isn't a receiver there but miscommunications happen a lot even with the best QBs. Not necessarily 100% on Bryce is all I'm saying.

i could very well see this being the case..

there are reports BY is so cerebral he will fire a ball into a spot without actually seeing the receiver and make a completion. Its like he could go out there with his eyes closed and run the offense.

Its like the blind dude with next level hearing.