• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Oher claims Tuohy family tricked him into agreeing to conservatorship

hepcat

1 hour ago, Beast_3000 said:

300 million in profits based on your life story and you haven’t received a red cent from the movie profits? I don’t know if this is true, we will see, but anyone in the Huddle that says they wouldn’t potentially sue from that arrangement is not being truthful. 

The little brother SJ was on Barstool today.  Basically said they had been supportive of Oher going after money for years.    The family angle is more recent but they had been talking about it for years too.  He did sort of suggest he thought the timing was about selling his book.  He endorsed the book as good.   Said Oher didn’t just find out anything new about stuff.   Said all the money they got from the movie will be out there for everyone to see.   Said from start to finish with money trickling in over the years  he got 60k total off the movie.

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/celebrities/article278242308.html

Sounds like he does not need money....he just did not like the lie and being exploited.

Celebrity Net worth as a valid "source" of someone's net worth?  They have no idea how much money he has, only what he earned. They wouldn't put in 5 minutes of time researching this. 

He might have a multi-million dollar house but that <> having money.  

• Pie 1

I saw what the Tuohy kid said and I tend to think he seems credible and honest (I may be wrong, just my reading of it). Really sad what has happened to Oher with the career ending concussion issues and now this stuff. I do feel for him but I'm not sure the Tuohy family are bad guys here

On 8/14/2023 at 2:26 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Shoutout Hugh Freeze!

Fun fact, he coached Oher and Greg Hardy at Briarcrest then both went with him to Ole Miss where he obviously ran a tight ship.

Freeze then went to Liberty where he coached Malik Willis who transferred from Malzahn and Auburn. On Freeze’s staff at Liberty was S.J. Tuohy.

Malzahn was then fired by Auburn and went to UCF. Tuohy then left Liberty and became Malzahn’s chief of staff at UCF.

Freeze then later left Liberty and now occupies Malzahn’s old job as the HC of Auburn.

Tim And Eric Omg GIF

Kevin Spacey 90S GIF

• Pie 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:52 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

What The Blind Side taught me was that Tim McGraw really cleaned up his act after being an abusive and alcoholic father to Donny. After he moved from Permian, TX to Tennessee he really got his act together.

He now owns a lot of Taco Bell’s and married Sandy Bullock and they adopted… ermmm… kidnapped… a massive and athletic 5 star offensive lineman by the name of Michael Oher and then sent him off to Ole Miss with Hugh Freeze and his hookers.

Hell of a story.

Little Fumble. Can't hold on to the football.

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, gofightwin said:

Celebrity Net worth as a valid "source" of someone's net worth?  They have no idea how much money he has, only what he earned. They wouldn't put in 5 minutes of time researching this. 

He might have a multi-million dollar house but that <> having money.  

Yes we. Get it. Only you know. 

Only sources who can be trusted are those making stereotypical judgements based on no research at all. 

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

On 8/14/2023 at 6:01 PM, ladypanther said:

lol@ those trashing Sandra Bullock for this.  Don't think she wrote the story.

From the link earlier provided:

Mike’s relationship with the Tuohy family started to decline when he discovered that he was portrayed in the movie as unintelligent,” his attorney, J. Gerard Stranch IV told Fletchet. “Their relationship continued to deteriorate as he learned that he was the only member of the family not receiving royalty checks from the movie, and it was permanently fractured when he realized he wasn’t adopted and a part of the family.”

When I watched the movie...I was bothered by how Oher was portrayed...basically as a giant oaf.

From the court filing: “Michael Oher discovered this lie to his chagrin and embarrassment in February of 2023, when he learned that the Conservatorship to which he consented on the basis that doing so would make him a member of the Tuohy family, in fact provided him no familial relationship with the Tuohys.”

Not sure why that took so long.  Money may be a motive but so what.  Looks like these people exploited him for their own gain.  They deserve to lose big.  Oher has made a positive contribution outside of football with his foundation.  I wish him the best.

On 8/14/2023 at 6:22 PM, Chaos said:

I don't think she's his real mother, I think she just portrayed her in the movie.

Uullshizz! It's totally Sandy's fault! She even drives busses to fast!

• Pie 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:53 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Not to mention that here it was supposed to be about the story of Michael Oher when in reality the movie was about a white knight lady and Michael Oher was just a supporting character.

Well, the BOOK the movie was based on wasn’t a Michael Oher biography. It was a book about Oher *and* the Tuohy’s, the relationship between them, and the end result.  

The book also brilliantly covered the evolution of the LT position due to the advent of Lawrence Taylor (and his successors) in the NFL, but I don’t see Lawrence Taylor or all LT’s in the NFL, post-Taylor, suing the Tuohy’s.

In fact, its a story as old as time. Big high school/college star enters the NFL, makes MILLIONS, but is merely an average-to-good NFL player. Players career ends (for whatever reason), player blows through his millions, and now needs more of that sweet sweet $$$ to maintain his life-style. Then chooses the most convenient, tastiest target.

Oher told the family prior to this lawsuit that if they would just hand over $XX million dollars then he wouldn’t sue and drag their names through the mud. That proves that, in the end, its all about the Benjamins that Oher no longer has but longs for.

The Tuohy’s should have left his fat-ass in the streets.

• Poo 2