• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to make of Ickey?

Jackofalltrades

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

And honestly, I don't know how he didn't get canned for getting caught on the hot mic.  If this was any other market, this would be a national controversy.

I doubt it. Sports media lost its integrity a long time ago. He'll probably get a raise if the hot mic moment boosts his click count.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Is this that article that newton was caught saying he was going to write trashing a player to drum up clicks lol

Kind of sad to be honest. The fact he was caught and still went through with it shows you he gives no fugs.

Such a shame he is our most well known reporter.

Sheena Quick please save us from David freaking Newton!

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Kind of sad to be honest. The fact he was caught and still went through with it shows you he gives no fugs.

Such a shame he is our most well known reporter.

Sheena Quick please save us from David freaking Newton!

David Newton's reporting makes Juan's threads read like Carl Bernstein.

It is hard to take anything he writes seriously.  Newton that is, not Juan.  Although......

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, jtm said:

I don't recall ever seeing a Panthers preseason team look this unprepared.  I keep telling myself that it is preseason but man they look bad.  I guess we'll see week 1 how the team looks.  

Aside from a few 3rd down miscues (missed blocks, wrong route, etc) it hasn't been THAT bad. It's not like we are turning the ball over a ton or look completely outmatched. Just a few mental errors that can absolutely be cleaned up in time for the regular season but will it happen? We'll see the injuries and seemingly the musical chairs at RG are also concerning. Maybe they expected Corbett to be back by now or maybe it was the plan to have Zavala start their from day one who knows. Hopefully it works out.

Hope he improves over the next few weeks, but it was really really bad giving up 2 big hits on Young on back to back plays to Thibodeaux.

One he just didn't block him at all and passed him off to no one, the very next play he didn't even stick his arms out at all to block him and he just ran around him ending the drive.