• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we just pass drafting Cam Newton Jr….

TheBigKat

AR was who I wanted and I would be absolutely and unquestionably ecstatic right now had we took him, regardless of what we looked like in the preseason.  The concerns I have about Bryce now are the same ones I had before we drafted him and once we selected him, and they have me legitimately concerned that we may have really took the wrong guy - but again, I'm hoping for the best.  But ngl, seeing AR play into his potential is going to be very hard to watch over the years regardless of how Bryce looks, because even if Bryce plays up to his potential, the physical limitations are still there - but if Bryce consistently wins, it will hurt a little less...  but, damn, AR is a lot more fun to watch.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Cam was so insanely far ahead in his development than Cam at this same stage of their careers. It remains to be seen if and when Richardson is able to close that gap.

I am extremely skeptical Richardson is anything more than just a freak athlete masquerading as a QB.

Out of interest, how was Newton more advanced in his development?

37 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He was a much better passer and could read the field better. Many people thought AR needed a year to sit because he is still pretty raw as a passer. AR isn’t dropping 4000 passing yards like Cam did his 16 game rookie season.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1

38 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

AR wasn’t that great in college. Look at his stats. I wonder how he can dominate at the pro level when he didn’t dominate at the college level. He’s a freak athlete that’s for sure. 

• Pie 2

Cam had the athleticism  coming out of college but was also a Heisman trophy winner and the best player in college.  

Richardson looked like hot garbage at Florida on most days.   

Not saying he won't develop into a legitimate NFL quarterback, but comparing him to Cam Newton at this junction is just dumb and disrespectful to Cam.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 7