• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Jordan released

TheWiz

I work in sports marketing and I met Mike a year or two ago at an event we were holding. He was super nice (goes by "Mike," not "Michael") and I came away liking the dude and hoping he did well. The coaches sure had a lot of patience with him this preseason and gave him every opportunity to not struggle, but at this point in his career he's likely USFL-bound.

Still, the dude made some money in the NFL and did something few offensive linemen can ever say they did (scored a touchdown in a game).

• Beer 1

It needed to happen but I just can't celebrate a guy losing his job unless he's a known POS.

Looks like he's made roughly $4M so far in his career. After agent cut, taxes, etc. it's not set for life money but it's a damn good financial head start if he's been smart with it. If he's done he could work an average Joe job and live an average Joe lifestyle and be very comfortable.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I know it was posted in another thread but it is buried at this point and figured it was good to see how he’s doing. Also, checkout these videos and tell me you are not excited to see this kid run behind our massive O line.. ARTICLE: Panthers 2nd-round pick Jonathon Brooks expects to be healthy for training camp. Even coming off an ACL tear, Jonathon Brooks was still the first running back taken in the 2024 NFL draft. And soon enough, that injury may not be a factor.   After a little movement in the second round, the Carolina Panthers settled in on the 46th overall slot used it to select Brooks. When speaking to reporters for the first time since the card was turned in, the 20-year-old rusher confirmed the belief that he should be ready to go by the start of training camp. “Honestly, as far as rehab goes, it’s good,” Brooks said. “I’m out there, I’m running, I’m about to start cutting. So I’m progressing well. I’m right on track on where I need to be. For me to get back to camp, it’s also just a blessing. I feel like this injury’s a blessing from God just being that it gives me a chance to focus on a lot of other things. As bad as it is, it’s the best-case scenario. I just only tore my ACL and it was a complete tear. It’s great, I can’t wait to get back out there and just can’t wait to keep playing football.” Brooks played some spectacular football before the tear—having rushed for 1,139 yards and 10 touchdowns over just 11 games. His efforts, while cut short, still earned him a second-team All-Big 12 selection for the 2023 season. The Panthers, who are sticking around in Charlotte this summer, will begin training camp in late July. -pantherswire.usatoday.com  
    • How do you figure he will redshirt for a year? All indications are he will be ready for training camp.
    • Trading Thielen, huh? I could go for that. I'd trade him for a fourth (which turns into Malik Washington or Javon Baker) in a heartbeat.