• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• And I have been a big XL guy/fan.  He know doubt was drafted because he fits a role that is in all the Os Canales has been around.  my concern is Bryce, and it’s probably not a talent issue on this aspect.  Just a QB DNA thing.  I really think Canales and XL pair best with a gunslinger/risk taker.   You want to limit gunslinger with the run but then need the QB to go downfield aggressively.   Bryce needs to simply play and be more aggressive downfield.   Which is easier said than done if not wired that way
    • Agreed. People who say this are of the same ilk as "WE GOTTA GET RID OF RICHARDSON SO WE CAN GET THE NFL SHIELD OFF THE FIELD." How is that working out now?  Rod can stay as long as he likes and keeps fielding one of the best teams in the NHL. He does need someone on the staff that understands goalies. That has always been a weakness for him.
    • Do I want Bryce Young to be a good QB? Yes, the Panthers homer in me is rooting for him to turn it around against all odds and prove all the haters wrong.  Do I think Bryce Young will be a good QB? No. And the odds are he won’t be. I didn’t think he’d translate to the NFL from the moment I watched him against the Texas defense in 2022, a game Alabama only won because Quinn Ewers got knocked out of the game. When he faced pressure he looked like sh*t and that’s the exact same QB we saw in the NFL. He’s too short to step up in the pocket so you have to design a gimmick offense to allow him to improvise plays. He didn’t scream “first overall pick” to me at least.  Meanwhile CJ Stroud played out of his mind in the biggest game of his life against the best defense in college football and the Panthers said nah we’re going to draft the 5’9 guy who couldn’t carve up an average Texas defense.