• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say this Bryce thing doesn't work out... how far back is the Franchise set?

TheBigKat

Say we traded up and we drafted *insert qb name* and it doesn't work out, how far are we set back should have been asked before the offseason.  This is how that works. You take a shot, just like everyone was screaming for and you live with it.  You won't know until you know. It certainly isn't the first damn game of the season you dolt.

• Pie 6

15 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Bryce will be known by the end of the year for good or bad because he isn't a project QB.

If it's bad, just fire the staff/GM and start over. If a QB Guru HC can't pick a good QB then you also need a new coaching staff and no they shouldn't get another swing if that is how it plays out. Honestly I think the fans turn on them again if Bryce isn't it well before the end of the season. It's been ugly here for years and fair was never part of any of this. 

The craziest part of this sub is that the Falcon fans at the game were honestly all very favorable about how Young looked, almost everyone agreed he looks like he will be the best QB in the division after some time to get used to the NFL. If you go and look at his picks the safety is just jumping the routes, thats an easy fix. Call better game plans during the game or look off the safety.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Disaster said:

Here is the deal Bryce is Bryce.   He is attribute is his intellect.  He doesn't have a rocket arm, can't run a 4.2 40 and isn't 6'3 245.  Neither was Peyton or Eli or a poo ton of other QB's.  Is he the answer we will see. He is who the organization hitched their wagon to.  I am not a Bryce fan but damn I want him to prove me wrong.  He didn't look bad week 1, better than most rookie qb's.   Lets all chill!  give him time and lets see where this goes.  Still think this division is up for grabs and hopefully Bryce and staff only get better.

You're kidding yourself if you think Peyton and Eli wouldn't have both gone #1 overall this year. Eli had elite physical tools and Peyton had everything you want except mobility.

27 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

If the team already is terrible, it doesn't set them back at all! I mean the Browns have had 4 winning seasons since 1990. We have still have a ways to go to catch up.

Panthers have 7 winning seasons since 95. And 3 tied, 8-8. Its better, but not good. 😅

I truly can't tell if some of you are trolling or not.

If you aren't and this thread is serious, my God you are a dumbass. 

It was his first game in a hostile stadium after having limited preseason snaps with the best receiver on the team being a rookie, a middling TE and a mediocre RB corps where the best player put the ball on the ground.

WTF are some of you expecting?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Fenrir said:

I truly can't tell if some of you are trolling or not.

If you aren't and this thread is serious, my God you are a dumbass. 

It was his first game in a hostile stadium after having limited preseason snaps with the best receiver on the team being a rookie, a middling TE and a mediocre RB corps where the best player put the ball on the ground.

WTF are some of you expecting?

There is a sizable portion of this fan base that didn’t want Bryce. They’ve been silent all off season and have been waiting for a less than stellar performance to say I told you so. 

• Pie 2