• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School: Bryce Young - Week 1 @ Falcons

TheCasillas

48 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's true, he really doesn't. 

I think I can count on one hand how many times I've agreed with Proudiddy of the years, but he's authentic and his opinions are genuine. He doesn't stir poo up just to stir poo up.

Thank you, brother.

Team Work Fist Bump GIF by MacGruber

(I'm the little hand)

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

And yet you keep responding to people. I think you care just a little bit. 

I've responded in kind to further clarify my position so there's no confusion.  Last i checked, that's what message boards are for - to engage in dialogue.  I'm not losing sleep over it.

1. JT hate, Hates, HATES Adam Thielen. Anyone know why?

2. Seeing the all-22 from the 2nd interception makes it clear he wasn't staring down the receiver, if that wasn't obvious from the game film.

3. TMJ sucks. Is he just lazy? Was that 2 deep routes where he was "overthrown" because he didn't go full speed on his entire route?

• Pie 2

20 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For real.

"I don't see anything encouraging"...

What?

Yeah 😕

I haven't watched the video, but going off my own analysis I was plenty encouraged. He played a smart game, stayed cool and passed (for the most part) accurately.

There's gonna be growing pains, but if you weren't expecting that you're not thinking.

21 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Haven't finished it yet, but hard to get through it.  I don't see anything encouraging.  Staring receivers down, misplaced/bad throws, suddenly little to no feel for anticipation, bad decisions, etc.  

The sunshine and rainbows brigade keep wanting to cite it being his first game - outside of a couple of secondary players and maybe Grady Jarrett, the Falcons defense is ASS and Bryce looked horrible.  And again, outside of the injury AR looked better.  I think Stroud played better.  And we saw Cam dominate and take the league by storm from his first game on.  First game isn't an excuse, especially for a #1 overall pick.  You draft a guy #1 because they should step on the field and change the game in your favor from the first snap...

It's just very discouraging that every facet of his game that our staff felt made him the #1 overall pick over the other options are all areas he looked mediocre in for most of the game Sunday.

What I see is a lot of dumb mistakes by receivers and not a lot of game reps between that crew and young. Things will improve. 

21 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Haven't finished it yet, but hard to get through it.  I don't see anything encouraging.  Staring receivers down, misplaced/bad throws, suddenly little to no feel for anticipation, bad decisions, etc.  

The sunshine and rainbows brigade keep wanting to cite it being his first game - outside of a couple of secondary players and maybe Grady Jarrett, the Falcons defense is ASS and Bryce looked horrible.  And again, outside of the injury AR looked better.  I think Stroud played better.  And we saw Cam dominate and take the league by storm from his first game on.  First game isn't an excuse, especially for a #1 overall pick.  You draft a guy #1 because they should step on the field and change the game in your favor from the first snap...

It's just very discouraging that every facet of his game that our staff felt made him the #1 overall pick over the other options are all areas he looked mediocre in for most of the game Sunday.

If you look around the league there are a lot of established quarterbacks that did not fare better Sunday than Bryce. Watching around the league quite a few quarterbacks looked worse. I credit him throwing the 2 interceptions as much on play calling as I do execution. Bryce will be fine. 

1 hour ago, Luciu5 said:

1. JT hate, Hates, HATES Adam Thielen. Anyone know why?

2. Seeing the all-22 from the 2nd interception makes it clear he wasn't staring down the receiver, if that wasn't obvious from the game film.

3. TMJ sucks. Is he just lazy? Was that 2 deep routes where he was "overthrown" because he didn't go full speed on his entire route?

Maybe he doesn’t hate him.  Maybe Theilen is just putting a lot of bad stuff on film because he is on the backside of his career and isn being relied on as the main dude in our offensive structure    And it’s noticeable. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah 😕

I haven't watched the video, but going off my own analysis I was plenty encouraged. He played a smart game, stayed cool and passed (for the most part) accurately.

There's gonna be growing pains, but if you weren't expecting that you're not thinking.

I watched the whole analysis and was 95% positive about Young, overall complementary of his decision making and even said the same thing that one of the interceptions was the right read but safety was guessing and going rogue than what the coverage was supposed to be. I came away more encouraged about Bryce Young than I already was. 

As expected he was very critical of our receivers inability to create separation and lack of speed, and hard on Thielen and TMJ 

He liked our overall route concepts but we just don’t have the personnel . 

• Pie 5

When your team only scores 14 points, turns the ball over three times and generally fails to execute you have to expect some serious critique.  Yes, he was a little hard on AT.  But it wasn't necessarily unwarranted.  AT is the guy who is supposed to be the veteran presence in that room, leading by example.  I didn't see many shots of him dusting his guy and creating an obvious place for the ball to go.

It was an opinion that was critical of our wide personnel.  That's fair.  Our guys, AT aside, have generally proven nothing in their careers.  On past accomplishments, you have to say our WR room is bottom third of the league.  Until they prove otherwise, that's all they will be.  Criticism warranted.

We are paying about 35 million for that WR room this year.  Unfortunately, only 10.5 million is being paid to players who are actually on our roster.  I daresay that 25 million would be awfully helpful in improving that room.

In any event, we'll know a lot more by week 10.  To say we know anything after week 1 is folly.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Unlike most people, I really don't give a poo what strangers on the internet think of me or my opinion.  So unless the definition of trolling has changed, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Define irony. Being a mod on an internet Forum (which your main goal is to care about what people post) saying you don't care about opinions on the Forum you mod.

Also, a troll says the same thing over and over again. You've stated this same opinion about Bryce Young over and over again. That my good lad, is trolling.