• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What record gets Reich fired?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Chuckle response: Whatever the record is between now and when he is fired.  It’s a gauranteed outcome.

Serious response: 4+ wins this season gets him 2024.  Flirting with .500 gets him 2025.  Anything less qnd he’s job hunting and we’re literally half cocked rebuilding again.  It’s the Tepper blue print.

27 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I don't think that any record gets Reich fired this year...

As others have said, in the extremely unlikely 0-17, he's gone.

I don't see how you justify a second year no matter what your perspective is. We didn't build this offseason or the past two years as if we were in a rebuild. Quite the contrary.

If that was the result, Fitterer and Reich would be unemployed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

This team just got done with 2 plus of Rhule and then had just enough hope to get pissed about Frank's pulling his crap here to give him the theoretical time most new hires get. Even Rhule's first year he didn't get as much heat as Frank is already getting. I don't know what happens but none of this is usual territory. Even the media is already starting to pile on and it's week 3.

Gosh, I hate hearing this from the fanbase. But there's just no passion on that field when we play, so I can understand it even beyond the 0-2 start.

Still... we need some patience here. This is going to play itself out, one way or the other.

Wilks sure has a good defense going out there in San Francisco, though. And CMC sure seems to be having a ball out there, too.

Spilled milk, though. It goes well with souring grapes.

13 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

If we're so bad this year that it would get Reich fired, it could be hard to attract a quality HC who would then be saddled with Bryce, who subsequently would have likely had a really bad season. 

I also think Tepper knows the analytics say it's best to hire a GM and HC at the same time and he's supposedly an analytics guy who hasn't followed that one yet.

I think Reich and Fitterer are both tied here for at least this season and the next, but if we're not contending for the playoffs at the end of next year, they're both fired and replaced by a new combo.  

Although I could also see him firing Fitterer after this season and giving Morgan the job and 2 years to make something happen next to Reich for 3 full seasons to prove Bryce was the right guy.  If it's not working by then, you blow it all up and start completely fresh in 2026.

I don't think the win total matters.  How Bryce Young looks at the end matters.  But given we don't have a first round pick next year.....I think Frank gets a year 2 no matter what the outcome is. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think the win total matters.  How Bryce Young looks at the end matters.  But given we don't have a first round pick next year.....I think Frank gets a year 2 no matter what the outcome is. 

I agree.  Reich's job here is married to Young.  As soon as we made that trade to move up his career was in the hands of whoever we drafted.