• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cards Believed to be done with Kyler. would you move bryce for him straight up?

micnificent28

No, because we can get out from Bryce in 2-3 years anyways and pay him less overall than we'd have to pay Kyler in a single season.  And a healthy Kyler will be good enough to keep us from drafting in the Top 5 to get a replacement QB, I think Bryce very well may pull a Clausen for us after year 2 or 3 and get us his replacement.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

No, because we can get out from Bryce in 2-3 years anyways and pay him less overall than we'd have to pay Kyler in a single season.  And a healthy Kyler will be good enough to keep us from drafting in the Top 5 to get a replacement QB, I think Bryce very well may pull a Clausen for us after year 2 or 3 and get us his replacement.

So you want to tank for two seasons? Cos that's the only way that pays off.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

So you want to tank for two seasons? Cos that's the only way that pays off.

I don’t think he means intentionally tank. I think he means it might just happen with this staff, roster and QB that we end up with the 1st pick overall in 2025.

Let’s say this all blows up this year. New staff, a lot of roster turnover again after this year, new scheme and Bryce. It could happen…

The way a lot of these contracts were structured and the inclusion of DJ into the trade allows us to somewhat “recover” in 2 years if this all didn’t work. 

This is honestly such a damn mess already it’s crazy. 

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I don’t think he means intentionally tank. I think he means it might just happen with this staff, roster and QB that we end up with the 1st pick overall in 2025.

Let’s say this all blows up this year. New staff, a lot of roster turnover again after this year, new scheme and Bryce. It could happen…

The way a lot of these contracts were structured and the inclusion of DJ into the trade allows us to somewhat “recover” in 2 years if this all didn’t work. 

This is honestly such a damn mess already it’s crazy. 

the tepper tank

I can appreciate a dream scenario given our state of affairs. But Kyler Murray? OP you should have known this would backfire in a hurry. Even I would keep Bryce Young over that. If we suck keep the cheaper option in the meantime and revisit this in 2025. We made our bed.