• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long are you willing to give Bryce the benefit of the doubt

How long?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. topic title

• I'm already done with him/never wanted him
    • Giving him the rest of the season, if he's still mediocre EOS I'm out
    • Next Season, if he's still mediocre next season I'm out
    • I'm following the year 3 rule
    • Until he gets a new coach/GM (whenever that may be)
    • Jay-Z
    • Other (please specify)

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Realistically speaking, the Panthers are gonna give him at least two seasons. Let's just hope by the end of next season we know for sure. He's either killing it or Clausen'ing us back to #1.

If we get the number 1 pick after next season, burn it all down.  Bring in new GM/Coach/Staff, and let them do their jobs

Didn’t see it in school and still don't see it in the NFL. His play hasn't translated to the NFL and he is going to have an incredibly difficult time ahead of him due to his limitations.

This is a bottom team for at least the next 2 years and we will be looking at QB again soon. Sorry, it stinks but that is what this is.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Unpopular opinion  - Three years.  I get it, it's hard to be patient considering the long term stench that has invaded our franchise.  But QBs take time to develop and get good.  So while many of you are in favor of burning things down because we missed on CJ Stroud (who is a HOF after five weeks, right?), I'm looking at the long term here.

We invested heavily in Bryce, and regardless of what's happened in his first five starts, you don't give up a QB you think can be YOUR QB.  While there is a fair amount of knee jerk reactions in the NFL, look how much leeway first round QBs get.  You have to see that they don't have it, like Tre Lance, to move on that quickly.  Or in the 49ers case they found a great QB fit in Purdy.  Then you look at Mac Jones in NE, still getting starts despite the lack of success in NE (is it him or NE?  Both?).

I get that we're all frustrated.  We were sold a retool and a playoff run, and we got an 0-6 start.  How very Matt Rhule - except he actually won some games in those first few weeks.  So yeah, we're in a poo place.

The draft capital we lost is already a sunk cost, and we have to work on getting better each day, week, and season.  That's all you can do.  No one is going to save the Panthers except themselves.  Or - there will be a LOT of job openings on Mint Street coming up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Bluetooth said:

When it's all said and done Bryce Young will be the best QB the Panthers ever had. 

He will lead us to the promise land

And y'all will remember this day, the day the football gods 🙏 have look down on your pity souls 😭 

Have no fear the underdog is here, Almighty mouse 🐭 the Gingerbread Man(not the actual "ginger" but you get "IT")

So a grown man really posted this at 4am. That is dedication. Gotta be related to him or something.

• The D 1

Shitterer did him no favors by trading away the last explosive player on our offense and then acquiring slow and underperforming guys in return. His coach is not helping him with a zone run scheme that isn’t suited to our personnel. When plays are there to be made he’s not always making them. It falls on everyone, however, Fitterer is the most blameworthy followed by Reich and then Young. We need to see how he does the rest of the year. He’s not making all the plays that are there now but there are not as many opportunities because our coach is running poo like tight end screen to Ian Thomas.

8 hours ago, t96 said:

Almost without exception a franchise QB shows it in some way by year 2. Plenty of great QBs have struggled their rookie year. I’ll give Bryce next year (especially if we have a new staff with legit offensive coaches) but if he still sucks then that’s it for me

I need to see better line play too, but I guess that's kinda baked in with a "new staff and legit offensive coaches." You really can't judge a QB if they don't have a legit line. Hopefully he's not irrevocably messed up by then. 

I will say that all of this is subject to change depending upon what I see by January.

I still dont understand why everybody is so down in the dumps over Bryce.  Has he set the league on fire in 4 starts?  No....however, he has statistically improved every start so far.  He has 5 TD passes and 4 INTs in 4 starts. Hes completing 64% of his passes, and has 750 yards in 4 games played.  If we extrapolate those numbers out for 16 games we get - 64%/3000 yards/20 TDs/16 INTs.... Which seems pretty freaking spot on for most #1 pick QBs who come into less than great teams. And I think we're going to see the TDs and yards start to increase.  Still think he will throw a lot of picks, but that is, frankly OK with me for his rookie year.  I expect his stats at the end of the year to look something like:

65%

3300 yards

25 TDs

17 INTs

• Pie 3