• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay thread!

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• i am anxious to see what he does with this new situation. i think the schedule is about as favorable as you could hope for the first half of the year. i don't expect a dramatic and quick  improvement, but i do expect improvement.
    • truthfully, when did he have time last year to throw it down field? plays took far too long to develop and the OL gave him no time.  i think we are basing far too much of bryce's assessment on a situation that didn't work out in his favor at all. it was probably the worst situation a rookie QB could have found himself in. the only i can think of who had it worse was David Carr, who had an even worse rookie season than Bryce by a significant margin statistically.  i think most would realize that carr was probably a better QB than his record would show, but he was shell shocked in his first few years because they did nothing to try to help him out. 3 of his 5 years in houston he led the league in sacks. i don't think he would ever have been an elite QB, but had he been in a better situation he probably would have had a better and longer career. point is, i don't think we saw everything that bryce is capable of because he was limited by the situation. but i understand the pessimism most have, because all we really have to go on was what we saw last year. that's why i wait to see what happens with a better situation. i just don't think you can give an accurate assessment of him based on last year. it wouldn't be fair for any rookie, tbh, but for one whos situation was so fugged up i think it's even more unfair. had nothing changed in the situation, you could probably expect more of the same. that's just not the case, though. a whole lot changed for the team and for his situation and i think for the better. it just makes sense that if we improved the situation that he will improve.