• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bryce hate has gotten absurd

Adb6368

A lot of respected football evaluators and former plays are all saying Bryce will be fine and that he's in an impossible situation right now. But sure, let's label him a bust because the huddler who was the 3rd string JV offensive tackle in high school said so. 

• Pie 1

Finding an offensive minded head coach to fit Young, Fitt/Morgan, the Teppers, Evero & Tabor?

That's not how championship teams are built. That's how to build dysfunction & a losing culture. Tepper wants an OC to call an HC. This team is being built around the Teppers & there is no getting around that.

May as well not have a HC at this point. Have an OC, DC & ST coach who report directly to Tepper & share HC responsibilities. The HC title is just being used as a franchise tag to keep 1 coach from being hired away if they're successful. 

• Beer 1

So fuging tired of hearing great QBs names mentioned with Bryce Young because they had bad rookie seasons. 

There is bad and then there is Jimmy clausen level bad. The dude fuging sucks, he's slow, not very elusive and has the arm of a tenth grader.

He is a bust hang it up like his balls hang in the air. 

Sleep Yawn GIF

Even this guy gets bored watching his floaters on a 5 yard flat. 

• Pie 1

Did anyone bother to ask Bryce why he didn’t try to pick up the 1st with his legs on the 3rd and 1 play?

Or has anyone asked him why he doesn’t run more often in general? The amount of time this kid just sits there and takes a sack when it’s so obvious there’s going to be no where to go with the ball is mind blowing… especially for a super genius 

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's had a few "nice" plays. He honestly hasn't had a single play that made me sit up and say "WOW!". That's what you want to see out of a #1 overall pick. You want to see some wow moments. There haven't been any.

I mean, let's be honest. Has he made a single play that someone like Gardner Minshew isn't physically capable of making?

This so much this...

I'll be the first to say I wanted AJ Green or Von Miller in 11' but as soon as Cam u threw deep left to Smitty for a TD baptizing Patrick Peterson with a welcome to the NFL moment I knew we had it right.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CmC2k said:

A lot of respected football evaluators and former plays are all saying Bryce will be fine and that he's in an impossible situation right now. But sure, let's label him a bust because the huddler who was the 3rd string JV offensive tackle in high school said so. 

These are the same guys who thought he was a #1 overall pick. Just because they played in the league doesn’t give them a crystal ball. What I see right now is a QB that has serious physical limitations that are going to prevent him from being worth what we gave up to draft him. Russell Wilson had escapability, Bryce just gets swallowed up in the pocket and is too easy to bring down. He doesn’t get the ball out on time and he’s not that accurate to go with a very average arm. Not the guy I’m taking at #1.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

He got compared to Wilson and Murray but the difference is that both of those players are naturally 205-210 pounds and thick and can escape sacks in the pocket with regularity.  Bryce plays at 185-190 and doesn't have the frame to get up to 210 or so naturally.  

That is ignoring his footwork and his seemingly to be unable to correctly perform 3 step and 5 step timing routes because he gets off schedule with his extra hitches 

Bryce sucks this year along with the entire rest of the offense. If he had an O-line I believe he would look some better but still not very solid. He most definitely needs another year under some actual decent NFL caliber coaches but if he looks exact same next year we should be looking to move on. He should have at least shown some type of improvement this season all along but haven't seen much and not like he is able to get any blocking anyhow from the scrubs upfront. He occasionally gets time but it's a rare occurrence. Even with this crap group of lineman that block on a middle school level I still expect him to show some improvement as most any QB could but Bryce most of the season has seemed very resistant to aggressively push the ball down field and take shots. I don't think he has much confidence in himself unfortunately. I don't know what his deal is but he really needs a more aggressive mindset and attitude or more belief in himself to take some shots or anything at all. It's just weird but he doesn't seem to have the attitude, chip on his shoulder or mindset to be an NFL QB and I certainly hope that changes but I worry it never will. Not ready to completely give up on him but he MUST show improvement the rest of the way and needs to look night and day next season.

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

So fuging tired of hearing great QBs names mentioned with Bryce Young because they had bad rookie seasons. 

you know who else had bad rookie seasons? players who went on to be bad QBs. 

i know it's a matter of looking at the cup either half full or half empty, but who really cares when the cup is full of piss?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CmC2k said:

And how many of those ‘evaluators’ have actually watched him play a full pro game this year ?

The Panthers are no powerhouse but when the plays are there to be made HE DOES NOT MAKE THEM   or maybe better put, HE CANNOT MAKE THEM   He either doesn’t see them or can’t execute them, either way it is a cluster 

we have also drafted a qb so physically small that they do not have him run a qb sneak for one yard….one freaking yard. 

he looks like a child out there and most of the time plays like one 

he is slow, bad footwork, his vision lacks, and too small to break a tackle 

as Parcells said, given his slight frame,  when he was drafted ‘he better walk on water’.  He doesn’t  

his press conferences are totally cringeworthy …his maturity level at those is not there   His body language sad   

if he lasts his contract, he will be a slightly below average pro.  His pro tape does not lie 

I’m sorry about all of this for the fans of this franchise, particularly the paying fans, as this is a rat hole that will not be emerged from anytime soon 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1