• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would have to happen this offseason for you to be "in" for this team next season?

We are at rock bottom and still digging as a franchise and it looks like next year is going to absolutely suck regardless of what happens this offseason. We all assume the worst for next year, so what would need to happen for you to actually care/be invested/ want to tune in to any games next season?

What moves in the FO need to happen?

Who do we hire at HC?

What players do we keep and what players do we get rid of?

What positions do we go after in the draft and FA?

I'm interested to know, because I myself honestly don't know what it would take for me to care about next year. My apathy is at an all-time high and I expect another abysmal year if Fitterer is still in charge of our roster.

• Beer 1

They would need to land Mahomes, Reid, and Howie Roseman,  and Tepper would have to publicly pledge to not enter the building for the next 3 years or talk to anyone in the org.

• Pie 6

I’ll be “In” no matter what but I’m just prepared to have a it is what it is attitude and no expectations for next year which will be kinda nice and won’t have to stress over.

We have to do something crazy like land Justin Herbert and a left tackle for me to go crazy or anything.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Everything I have already said starting with outside help to hire a new person in control to run everything and keep the Teppers from the stuff they don't need to be near. New GM married to a HC with a long term plan more than just 'we are going to win blah blah blah'. Feel good is Tepper stepping away and the rest can go fug itself at this point.

Anything less is just more of the same. He won't land anyone decent if he is doing his usual methods.

• Beer 1

If we stand back and let things play out as they should, I'll be happy.  No more rash decisions.  

This teams biggest problem every offseason has been getting desperate and making a dumb move, especially at the QB position.  For once I'd like to see the  team just be patient, make their draft picks, and wait until 2025.  That is what will make me encouraged that we've learned from our mistakes.

The way I see it, if Bryce turns it around, good for us.  If he doesn't turn it around, we will be in the running for the 1st pick in 2025.  So lets just ride it out.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3

20 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We are at rock bottom and still digging as a franchise and it looks like next year is going to absolutely suck regardless of what happens this offseason. We all assume the worst for next year, so what would need to happen for you to actually care/be invested/ want to tune in to any games next season?

What moves in the FO need to happen?

Who do we hire at HC?

What players do we keep and what players do we get rid of?

What positions do we go after in the draft and FA?

I'm interested to know, because I myself honestly don't know what it would take for me to care about next year. My apathy is at an all-time high and I expect another abysmal year if Fitterer is still in charge of our roster.

"in" as in optimistic or "in" watching the games and following the team?

• Beer 1

I'll be "in" next season like it or not as a PSL owner who never sells his tickets. 

But the one thing this team can do to get my hopes up: give up on next season. Give up right now. Trade every draft pick for future picks, sign no one in free agency, and admit that we suck and need to make decisions to benefit the future at the cost of the present. 

For 5 years now we have sacrificed the future for the lie that we are just out of reach of being a good team. 

No more, we are a bad team and need to face the music and start building like we are bad. I will happily attend those games and lose every one of them if it means our attitude has changed. 

If we trade up in the draft again I will pay for my tickets and no show each week. 

• Pie 1

Nothing will push me back out of 'just friends and academic interest' territory until it shows up consistently on the field. That doesn't mean winning every week, as it didn't this year or any year before, but rather decisions that lead to ratio and and logical team-building, personnel moves that actually make goddamn sense, and just some steady improvement and player and strategic development from week to week.

David Tepper has killed any and all credibility that he may have ever had, which was basically unknown-to-none in the first place, and over these 6 seasons there is zero evidence that he has any football sense whatsoever. He has a lonnnnng way to go to rebuilding any favor and earning the benefit of any doubt.

I’ve heard nothing but lip service for 5 years and keep getting kicked in the nuts. Nothing can be said or done in the off-season that will make me believe we will win a game next season.

I’m still going to get nfl ticket, but I’ll probably spend most Sundays fishing  

Gotta get rid of Fitt. None of that moving him around, taking personnel duties away from him bs. They have to get rid of him.

He has been the worst GM in the nfl during his tenure, and the worst ever panthers GM, and we don’t have a great history in that regards. Get rid of him

• Pie 3