• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would have to happen this offseason for you to be "in" for this team next season?

There is zero path to being a good team next season. But there are steps the team could take to lure me back in in terms of actually thinking the team could be on their way to winning again in the future.

1) Scott Fitterer in his current role has to go. It is difficult to overstate just how incredibly bad he has been as the GM of this team.

2) Synchronously bring in a head coach and GM. A pairing that has the same vision for building the team. A pairing that has a plan for bringing an identity back to our franchise and refuses to waiver from it. Just having a plan in place.

3) Make smart moves in FA. I think the pass catcher room is really where we could find upgrades this free agency.

4) It will be hard to have a bad draft because we need everything. But quit drafting RAS scores and draft players that fit your vision for the future of the franchise. Ideally we somehow find an LT and let Ikey compete for a guard spot.

5) We get messaging from the owner about what has gone wrong and how he plans to fix it (doubtful)

There is a 0% chance we are making the playoffs next season. But we could at least have some sort of a blueprint we can believe in 12 months from now. Realistically that is what I am hoping for

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

I'll be "in" for this season in the sense that I'll still follow the team and watch all the early games, but I will have no expectations of lasting the full season when we most likely inevitably suck again and I won't invest in the team at all. I went to our opener in Atlanta this year (first game attended since before covid) and had planned to go to multiple more games including Jax but with the season down the drain halfway through I scrapped those plans.

If Tepper lucks into making the right decisions at HC and GM and somehow we have a quick turn around and are sitting in a playoff spot in the final month of the season or so maybe I'll think about reinvesting, going to games, etc. but definitely will not do any more than watch the games early in the year.

There really aren't any…that are realistic at least. Used to be someone to help make right moves but Tepper is spiraling…he would never stop meddling and let anyone do their job.

So that means a hire like Harbaugh would need to happen. But we all know it won’t.

I’m over it to be honest. I’ll just google scores. Haven’t been to games in years. What a damn shame.

1) David Tepper fires Fitterer, hires a consulting firm to hire a new GM, who in turn hires a new HC. 

2) The Teppers step back from football side of things.

3) DRAFT A QB, sign a UDFA QB, or do whatever it takes to get the best QB they can and then hold a quarterbacks competition to determine the starter. Or just trade Bryce for whatever we can get. 

4) Sever any or all working relations with the snake oil salesmen behind the S2 cognition test.

5) Tickets and beer half off, at a minimum.

6) David Tepper wears a clown costume in his luxury box. 

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

As some others have already said, I'll be "in" next season simply because I've been "in" since 2001 and can't imagine not following the team in some capacity. Moves I would like to see:

Fire Fitt and hire a real GM

Get either Ben Johnson or Jim Harbaugh to be the next HC

Figure out what to do with Burns (my preference is a tag and trade, but need to either poo or get off the pot this offseason)

Make a real run at Tee Higgins in FA 

Edited by UNCrules2187

I follow the team news year round. I was never out. I'd like to get rid of Fitt because he's made too many critical mistakes in his tenure here. That would be a good start, but we can't fix this mess in one off season. We're going to be horrendous next season, but you'll still see me around here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

-Fitterer shitcanned.

-Tepper hires search committee to hire the next GM.  He/she is given full personnel control and the keys for the next coaching search.

-If the next GM and coaching staff decides Bryce Young isn't the guy, Tepper will accept the decision.

-Obvious problems on the team (WR, TE, LT) attacked in FA and the draft.

If all that happens and Tepper is clearly butting the hell out, then I'll be ready to be hurt again.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

Over the Tepper era, I've been pulling back to save my own sanity.

Around 2020, I stopped watching every game and started listening to the games on 99.7 simply because I didn't like how mad I got watching this team (I would go back on Wednesdays and watch the 22 on NFL+) .

This year, I listened to about half the games and canceled my NFL+ sub sine I didn't watch any games.

I always marked my spring hiking season by planning my first hike for the weekend after the draft, this year I'll be going out draft weekend.

I used to go to Spartanburg at least twice each year, no lunches at Wade's this year.. 

DT has single handedly ruined my enjoyment for this team by his consistent mismanagement and his poor judgement. I keep pulling back to preserve my final hope that this will get better by 2030.. 

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

There is zero path to being a good team next season. But there are steps the team could take to lure me back in in terms of actually thinking the team could be on their way to winning again in the future.

1) Scott Fitterer in his current role has to go. It is difficult to overstate just how incredibly bad he has been as the GM of this team.

2) Synchronously bring in a head coach and GM. A pairing that has the same vision for building the team. A pairing that has a plan for bringing an identity back to our franchise and refuses to waiver from it. Just having a plan in place.

3) Make smart moves in FA. I think the pass catcher room is really where we could find upgrades this free agency.

4) It will be hard to have a bad draft because we need everything. But quit drafting RAS scores and draft players that fit your vision for the future of the franchise. Ideally we somehow find an LT and let Ikey compete for a guard spot.

5) We get messaging from the owner about what has gone wrong and how he plans to fix it (doubtful)

There is a 0% chance we are making the playoffs next season. But we could at least have some sort of a blueprint we can believe in 12 months from now. Realistically that is what I am hoping for

Totally agree

all i will add is, assuming fitterer and all he touches is gone   Im past hoping Tepper will put something if a role  between himself and football operations 

1. Draft olineman, young, uninjured, who fit the offense.   All picks. Dont care   Draft  a OT, center.  Guards   Cant count on what is here   There is a dearth of decent o lineman in the league at large   Draft and grow them 

2. Get Free agent WRs  CBS,   Pantgers have historically sucked at drafting these positions since  2004 

3. a hard look is going to be be made at Horn   Very hard  cant have a player making game tine business decisions 

frankly. Im fine with a firesale with only brown being untouchable 

there was a lot of ‘quit’ a Jacksonville. Fix that locker room

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

No matter what happens, I got the panthers as the clear odds on fav for the 2025 #1 pick(40%). Panthers are 2 FULL games away form the 2nd worse team/s. Theres no talent and even less young talent. Its just going to be years before 9-8 can even be reached. 

Like many others in this thread, Im a fan. I mean personally the panthers are the last sports team i follow. Ive got toooo much invested to walk cause some weak-ass BS about them sucking. Jordan did made me quit the hornets and Im also a former UNC homer. 

I mean hating on tepper is the current thing and he deserves it. Still some hope is after fixing the rhule era, he did make the entire coaching staff the highest paid in the NFL. Part of that didnt work out, still not many owners open the vault, just like the practice bubble thats also is coming down. Sure he fuging up every which way, but hes at least trying along with not worring about what the cost are. Hes got to get lucky with the future hires, i hope... its all i got

Edited by Basbear