• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns doesn’t think he teams top priority. Also thinks he should be paid among top edge rushers

ncfan

He is Mr. Invisible in run defense and can't cover worth a poo when dropped in zone schemes. 

Burns only value comes when he is paired with a dominant Edge opposite of him a la Reddick.  I was in the camp to re-sign Reddick but of course we didn't.  Burns is an above average Edge, not a game changer.

Tag him, trade him, just get the narcissist who is clearly deluded about his ability off the Panthers.  I can't stand folks who can't be honest with themselves.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

He is Mr. Invisible in run defense and can't cover worth a poo when dropped in zone schemes. 

Burns only value comes when he is paired with a dominant Edge opposite of him a la Reddick.  I was in the camp to re-sign Reddick but of course we didn't.  Burns is an above average Edge, not a game changer.

Tag him, trade him, just get the narcissist who is clearly deluded about his ability off the Panthers.  I can't stand folks who can't be honest with themselves.

I'm not a big Burns fan but his best season was easily last season without Reddick opposite 

1 minute ago, csx said:

I'm not a big Burns fan but his best season was easily last season without Reddick opposite 

Yeah because Reddick wasn't taking his sacks.....    😂🤣😂

His sacks were up last season and in a contract year he regressed.  Great way to show he's elite.

It is perfect to have a new GM without any strings attached handle this. The “we know you could have traded him for 2 firsts…” argument has no bearing anymore. Any decision will be based 100% on performance. Tag and trade would be ideal. There might be a team willing to give a first for him, wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

• Pie 1

New GM.  Hard to say what his future holds.  He will probably be tagged for a season.  I am guessing he might be traded if the Panthers can get back into the first round.

Fitterer--you should have had to take the Wonderlic before being hired.

• Pie 1

Ah the good ol days when some of us were laughed at for being angry we didn't take the Rams trade. Now almost all of us are upset over that.

Anyway, when's that one guy coming in here to post his "averages" theory saying that Burns had much less chances for sacks versus the top rushers, thus would have had many, many more sacks if he had rushed as much as they did.

8 hours ago, Steelo said:

He's correct.  You aren't the top priority and frankly CAN'T be... seeing as the person that would make you a priority isn't hired yet.

Fwiw this is actually what he means by that first comment, lol. He isn't trying to poo on the team in this context imo. We don't have a gm or coach yet

Still not worth the money he wants 

• Pie 1