• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns doesn’t think he teams top priority. Also thinks he should be paid among top edge rushers

ncfan

19 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

My god, Burns was completely mishandled. You either accept that huge deal or you don’t and have an extension in hand. We did neither.

I knew it would be a Peppers situation all over again. Why do we never learn from our mistakes?

• Pie 1

I never saw this kind of attitude coming from him. With all the spiderman poses and saying how much he wanted to be here, I thought he would actually want to be here. Looks like it was all a lie. Total lack of self awareness will shorten his career.

I’m surprised at the ire expressed at Burns here. He needs to look out for himself and make as much as he can. It doesn’t matter if he earned it or not, he is worth what teams are willing to pay. He’s 100% right that there is no way he’s the #1 priority when we don’t have a coach or a GM yet. 

We bungled the deal entirely by not extending him sooner or trading him. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Fwiw this is actually what he means by that first comment, lol. He isn't trying to poo on the team in this context imo. We don't have a gm or coach yet

Still not worth the money he wants 

Oh I understand that completely. I also agree. We’ll see if the Scott price is still the price when a new GM steps in. 

23 hours ago, jimfear said:

May be an unpopular opinion but this dude is one of my least favorite players. When I watch him play, it seems like he disappears for long stretches. After yesterday, he basically confirmed what I see.

For want of a better word, he's soft. 

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, trueblue said:

What’s a realistic return based on a Franchise and Trade scenario. 

Do you think a late 1st, or are we at hope for a 2nd rounder?

He was a late 1st round pick so recouping that would be nice.  At this point I would settle for just not paying him that huge contract and let him test FA. Honestly I would let him walk with a thank you and good luck. The compensation ship has already sailed.

Edited by Jon Snow

On 1/8/2024 at 3:01 PM, Tr3ach said:

The craziest thing to me is even after this past offseason when it was clear we werent going to get a deal done and the numbers were far apart, apparently 5 teams contacted us at the trade deadline and Fitt said he wasnt available.   I mean wtf was he thinking.  

Fitterer was in CYA mode at that point. Accepting any offer would have meant admitting he screwed up not taking the rams offer last year. Probably one of the most incompetent GMs in league history. Makes all those stupid deals and then gets gun shy with the one he should have made. 

Fug Burns. Should have taken that Rams trade and kept CMC and DJ. That was the nail in the coffin for Fitterer for me. Said it then and ill say it again. 

Now with that said we don't have a GM or HC. I think it's fairly obvious he's implying those are the number 1 and number 2 priorities for the team. 

What an absolute mess.

An absolute masterclass of incompetence to let Burns go into the season without a deal. At first glance, it's a fine proposition and bet to make - if you're garnering that Burns underperforms to where you can try for a discount, then it's an alright move to make.

But wow, when considering the context the Rams would've sent two firsts and then some extra change? You take that and run away with it giddy and happy, ESPECIALLY if you had no plans to honor what Burns is asking for.

Now, the Panthers are likely going to let Burns walk with minimal in return. They missed the boat for extra first round pick ammo that this dysfunctional and talentless team needs, and that would've been the best chance to acquire that.

This team's inability to commit to a full rebuild is what's doing them in. They get rid of CMC, then say Burns is their cornerstone but don't pay him, then shipping DJ Moore and future draft capital off for a make a wish QB is the foundation for what is the 2023 Carolina Panthers of misery.

• Pie 1