• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

27 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Haven't read through the thread, but am I the only one that honestly would prefer either Canales or Morris to Vrabel? 

Those two or Evero over Vrabel. I want someone who hasn't been fired in the last year from the same job we're hiring him for.

I think he's tougher than Reich, but I'd rather just go a different direction.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd prefer Canales.

This is where I'm at as well.

Vrabel is a capable head coach and I think the Titans did him dirty but it is probably best for us to just have a fresh restart altogether.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Not sure how I feel about Vrabel. He had issues working with the new GM in Tennessee, talked bad about him to the owner etc. He could have had legit ish reasons, but not impressed with how that went down.

This is why alignment is key.  

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

To all the people wanting Morris or Vrabel - WHYYYYYYY do we want retreads? This is mind blowing to me. Let's at least follow the trends of what is working at the moment and bring in a successful OC from somewhere. 

But what do up and comers provide? Not Super Bowls. Reid, McVay (it was his 5th season as a HC), Arians, Belichick, Kubiak, Carroll, Harbaugh are recent winners and none were really hot stuff. The only recent one was Doug Pederson. If you can coach, and you have a GOOD team, you'll be a success. Being a retread isn't a bad thng.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But what do up and comers provide? Not Super Bowls. Reid, McVay (it was his 5th season as a HC), Arians, Belichick, Kubiak, Carroll, Harbaugh are recent winners and none were really hot stuff. The only recent one was Doug Pederson. If you can coach, and you have a GOOD team, you'll be a success. Being a retread isn't a bad thng.

Again, maybe you're right. All I know is that the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. We all have such a bad taste in our mouths from last season, anything that stays within that mold is going to require an act of god to get people to not always draw comparisons, myself included.

• Beer 1

All the folks saying "no retreads", you guys know that 99% of coaches are retreads? I believe only tomlin, harbaugh, and mcvay are the only non-retreads. Just about every coach has been fired at some point, even BB and reid were canned. 

Given this team plays soft, vrabel should be at least be interviewed. 

• Pie 1

Retread coaches aren’t the issue, it’s what those retread coaches do and do not provide.

Harbaugh has shown that he can develop or at the very least tailor an offense to his QB. I mean the guy took Colin Kaepernick to the Super Bowl and won a national championship with J.J. McCarthy. That’s a little different from Vrabel, who at the very most you can argue got Tannehill’s best years out of him but certainly didn’t develop him. Two different retread coach’s in my opinion.

Regardless, the Panthers would essentially be hoping that Vrabel can develop a QB and they’d be doing so without any real solid data or evidence that he can.

At least with Canales, though it’s a small sample size, he has a proven track record of developing a QB in a short period of time. Say what you will about him but he was present for both Geno Smith’s and Baker Mayfield’s career years.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

further if Vrabel is able to bring in Arthur Smith at OC sign me up. Guy is a good offensive coordinator and there is obvious history and synergy there unlike the disaster that was this season

Plus, Smith would be less likely to leave. Not likely getting a head job anytime soon.

• Pie 2