• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

Hard to know his plan if you didn't sit in the interviews. So I have no clue if he is the answer. Personally I would rather have a defensive head coach like the DC for Baltimore but then again I thought Reich would do better even though I wanted Wilks.

59 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Tepper cannot fire this guy during his first season again. Nobody would want to work here after that. We are already borderline laughing stock.

He will probably get 2 years minimum to show some type of improvement. Only way I see him getting axed in year one is if he somehow manages to make us worse than last season or he shows up to practice smoking crack or something.

I wish you well Coach Canales. The path before you is littered with the corpses of those who have tried and failed in this deadly game known as Coaching the Carolina Panthers. Beware of the snake that lured you into this house of horrors.  Good luck!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Dave Canales will be prove to be the coach we want, we need, and we deserve. I'm tired of being negative about my team...the losses on and off the field have taken a toll. Today is a new day, we have an opportunity to climb out of the funk and into the sunlight. Dave Canales took this job knowing it would be difficult at first, yet he took the job. Let's support him in his efforts until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Let's not cast negative thoughts or words his way because he is not accountable or responsible for the frustrations of our past. Stand tall, take a deep breath and KEEP POUNDING! It's what we do. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Dave Canales will be prove to be the coach we want, we need, and we deserve. I'm tired of being negative about my team...the losses on and off the field have taken a toll. Today is a new day, we have an opportunity to climb out of the funk and into the sunlight. Dave Canales took this job knowing it would be difficult at first, yet he took the job. Let's support him in his efforts until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Let's not cast negative thoughts or words his way because he is not accountable or responsible for the frustrations of our past. Stand tall, take a deep breath and KEEP POUNDING! It's what we do. 

I like it! Great post!

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

A lot of his run schemes are identical to what Reich and Brown tried to do this year. Either the OL will have to be overhauled to match the scheme or we're gonna have a bunch of guys acting as square pegs in round holes. 

That’s one concern I definitely have. Is he the type married to one philosophy or will he gauge his personnel and build his offensive foundation to the strengths of it? Because the great coaches do the latter. I have no clue what he’ll do, only one year as OC we really can’t say what his approach will be here.

Edited by FuFuLamePoo

46 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

A lot of his run schemes are identical to what Reich and Brown tried to do this year. Either the OL will have to be overhauled to match the scheme or we're gonna have a bunch of guys acting as square pegs in round holes. 

His run system also got 32nd in yards and 32nd in average. 

About the saving grace to this hire is pete was fired in Seattle, thus his top tier asst coaches can/could be hired. Even with evero saying that leaves lots of coaches he has plenty of time with. 

One thing I wonder about is this guy too nice?  We all know someone like Mike Vrabel would instill toughness right up front.  No plays off (which we saw many players doing last season).  No bullshet taken.  

Vrabel was clearly IMO the best option including giving him some type of roster control.  
I think Vrabel can definitely win a Super Bowl in the right situation.  I love his coaching style personally 

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

His run system also got 32nd in yards and 32nd in average. 

About the saving grace to this hire is pete was fired in Seattle, thus his top tier asst coaches can/could be hired. Even with evero saying that leaves lots of coaches he has plenty of time with. 

To be fair, that has to do more with Rachaad White than Canales. White is a great pass catching RB but not a great runner.

Tampa’s yards per attempt actually went up this year.

2022 - 3.4 yards per attempt

2023 - 3.6 yards per attempt

• Pie 2