• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J person, Athletic. Canales has one job Fix Young

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Right now, works out should mean that Bryce has to fight for a starting job. This franchise needs to be about winning, not just proving that the biggest unicorn in draft history wasn't a colossal mistake. If Bryce can't beat out his competition in camp, legitimately, then he needs to be on the bench. I don't care if the ghost of Jake Delhomme's arm can beat out Bryce, that's who should yeah 

yeah I  don't understand why successful originizations like the 49ers make a big trade up to #3 overall for QbTrey Lance for example & still make him earn the starting QB job in camp &then  know when it's time to cut their losses if he doesn't eventually show signs that he can be the starter one day  .then on the other hand you have a team like the Panthers who just continually trot a player out there week in & week out that clearly is not ready to be the starter nor the best option at QB...just saying 

• Pie 1

Said it before, they need to pick up a top backup QB.  I vote Tyrod Taylor (perfect compliment) but you could also do Brissette or Minshew for reasonable deals.

Bryce needs to be the starter, but he has to have a realistic leash (i.e. better than Andy Dalton).

Tyrod can’t seem to stay healthy but is a beast when he is;  think he’d be an ideal vet for Bryce and the Panthers

12 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Said it before, they need to pick up a top backup QB.  I vote Tyrod Taylor (perfect compliment) but you could also do Brissette or Minshew for reasonable deals.

Bryce needs to be the starter, but he has to have a realistic leash (i.e. better than Andy Dalton).

Tyrod can’t seem to stay healthy but is a beast when he is;  think he’d be an ideal vet for Bryce and the Panthers

Tyrod Taylor is a poor man's Alex Smith, most definitely not 'a beast'. Bryce would be better served to have someone less risk adverse.

• Beer 1

He seemed like the best option for us. If he can get Bryce on the right path, he'll also be the playcaller I'm assuming. If he's successful that will give us a sustained offensive philosophy. That way we dont have to worry about losing an OC to a HC position.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Tyrod Taylor is a poor man's Alex Smith, most definitely not 'a beast'. Bryce would be better served to have someone less risk adverse.

Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith could not be less comparable.  Not sure what you’ve been watching.  

Regardless, the point is you need a backup with UPSIDE…risk adverse is not the priority.  Andy Dalton is risk adverse but he won’t push Bryce in any way.  If Bryce doesn’t play well, we need someone to win games and push him at the same time without threatening him.