• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns on Twitter(X)

Jmac

Someone is lying I just don't know who is. Person is reporting Burns asked for 30 a year and was offered 5 mill 27 mill. Early this year it was reported that the Panthers offered the Crosby contract ~23.5 mill a year

That being said, the Panthers have been DRAGGED this entire year for not trading burns and then "not trying to sign him". If they offered him 5 years 27 mill a year that is a very fair deal and we can stop saying they "didn't do anything to sign him"

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Someone is lying I just don't know who is. Person is reporting Burns asked for 30 a year and was offered 5 mill 27 mill. Early this year it was reported that the Panthers offered the Crosby contract ~23.5 mill a year

That being said, the Panthers have been DRAGGED this entire year for not trading burns and then "not trying to sign him". If they offered him 5 years 27 mill a year that is a very fair deal and we can stop saying they "didn't do anything to sign him"

I’ve always thought went to 25M at least. The former staff could have saved a lot of embarrassment and it wouldn’t have been that bad a deal at the time. The Panthers are the ones that inflated his value by turning down that trade. And they won’t give him what he wants. Other teams are well aware of this. Until Burns joins reality, he’s more of a liability than an asset. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, SOJA said:

When in doubt, never trust Person. 

• Pie 1

Been listening to a lot of the C3 podcast and Cody has changed my mind on Burns.  I don’t like trading away good players when we don’t have any but Burns wanting 30 mil per range with our current situation doesn’t compute.  

Tag and trade feels like a real possibility if some team wants to pay him.  I want picks and a first absolutely has to be included.  It’s time to move him.

He is legit worth 22-24 range but that’s overpaid IMO.  He is definitely the best player in free agency with his age and talent and we have to cash that in

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

This the problem with the salaries. Bosa didn't deserve his salary and that will drive up other ones as well including our resident underachiever Mr. Burns. 

True but at least Bosa has the ability to take over games in prime time. I don’t think Burns has ever done that…maybe once in garbage time? Maybe for a quarter? Idk