• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Would You Grade the 2023 Draft Now?

Hoenheim

Bryce - D, but that's more based on a group project grade than individual grade. It's hard to separate the individual bad from the collective bad with our offense, but it was mostly just bad. I think he gets too much blame simply because of everything we gave up to get him, because a lot of the collective bad was still out of his control, but it was still not good overall. I say this as one of the few "too early to tell" Bryce defenders at this point. It's okay to admit that he wasn't good and still think he can do better next year.

Mingo - F. Again, Group project grade, but he earned the individual F from that... decision? in the titans game where he chose to jump out of bounds and spin 180 degrees in order to catch an on target pass. You can't teach that kind of awareness and body control.

Johnson - D+/C-. Yeah he's old, and he didn't play until later in the year, but he ironically probably had more positive contributions than any other rookie this season... which isn't good.

Zavala - F. Worst graded lineman in the league. I don't care if he missed TC and was injured, he was worse than Byron Bell ever was.

Robinson - C. I honestly have no idea what he contributed to the team this season but he was a 5th round pick and as long as you aren't an active negative contributor to the team, you get an average grade from me as a 5th round or later pick.

Draft overall looked bad crappy, especially considering the talent taken at the same positions after we drafted guys (QB, WR, OL, and DL).

Glad Fitterer is gone he absolutely sucked and was far and away the worst GM the team has ever had, and one of the worst GMs in the NFL over the past decade.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As of right now? Worse than nothing. Like we would've literally been better off to have just sat it out. Gave our picks away. At least we would still have DJ Moore and #1 overall.

This 1000%

The 2022 roster wins the NFC South in 2023. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

check back after next year with a coaching staff that isn't spending more time/energy fighting each other than working with the team.

until we see them with a not so dysfunctional coaching staff i think most grades are going to be incomplete at this point. 

This 100 percent.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Incomplete but its looking like our typical shitty draft.

It is incomplete, not because they’ll get better, but because we will need to know what we should subtract from the already failing grade. We’ll see who we could have had at #1 overall this year and high in the 2nd in 2025. We already are down Jalen Carter, so two more subtractions and I’m not even counting that Tank Dell went 8 picks after the 2nd we gave the Bears for Young. Damn, Fitterer was so fuging bad.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

I bet Bryce and Mingo are the only ones who make the team this year.

Zavala will be practice squad at best.

You’ll know how well we drafted based on how many 2023 rookies make the team this year. If they all do, make other Sunday plans. If they don’t that should be good news for the 2024 draft.