• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales "I'd like to take the pressure off the quarterback to be a part of what the offense is doing rather than a feature of it"

rayzor

28 minutes ago, bigdog_10_2002 said:

The best thing he and Morgan can do is build the roster and not worry about tailoring anything in the draft for Bryce. Bryce being the number one pick means he should be able to elevate the play of those around him (given he has better protection than last year). If he can’t, then he will fade but at least Morgan and Canales will have begun the building process of restoring the roster for the next guy. 

we don’t need to go into this draft with the mindset of  adding a piece because he would work with Bryce well. We need to add good football players across the board. 

Yeah he's not selling me on the whole working around the limitations of the QB. Like aside from the stupid ass trade Bryce shouldn't be locked in as the starter whatsoever. He should have to compete with Dalton and whatever late draft pick/udfa/fa guy they take on as a project. Sounds similar to how Rhule was coddling Darnold, how he didn't have to be the guy, just a part of the offense. 

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah he's not selling me on the whole working around the limitations of the QB. Like aside from the stupid ass trade Bryce shouldn't be locked in as the starter whatsoever. He should have to compete with Dalton and whatever late draft pick/udfa/fa guy they take on as a project. Sounds similar to how Rhule was coddling Darnold, how he didn't have to be the guy, just a part of the offense. 

He didn't mention any limitations of the QB. You heard what you wanted to hear. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

I was encouraged. I like his mentality. Make the football team better so the QB doesn't have to carry it. Hopefully he and Morgan can get this thing turned around.

I love the guy.  I imagine the players will too.

• Pie 2

Harbaugh gets hired to the chargers. With a universally elite rate QB.  In his presser, he says he wants to make things easier for his QB so he doesn't feel he has to do everything. 

Pretty much what every head coach is suppose to say/do when the offense is struggling.  

New head coach, and a QB that many hated before he was even drafted, and the head coach is planning what he's planning because of the limitations of our QB.  

Do you guys ever listen to the stupidity that falls out of your mouths/onto a keyboard? 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

So if our "franchise QB" isn't the main "cog in the wheel".....then he is not a franchise QB.

Just a so-called "game manager". If that is the case, he wasn't worth what they gave up to get him.

I think 99% of us already figured that out. Bryce doesnt have the physical talent to be anything more than a game manager. Canales however had to boost Bryce up and act like he likes him to get the job, Tepper was not ready to admit his mistake yet. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

Winning SB sure.....but we need to get back to simply enjoy winning games again. The SB or nothing mentally isn't fun for anyone and laughable for Panther fans to have.

I mean, that's one way to look at it. 

If "the SB or nothing mentality is laughable for Panthers fans to have," it's only because the franchise has never had back-to-back winning seasons and we're programmed to think that mediocrity is a goal to aspire to. I'd rather think longer term. If other franchises can aspire to championships most years, we can too.  We just have to rebuild, or possibly simply build, the right way. 

Edited by top dawg

28 minutes ago, Manna said:

Heck at this point just being able to pass for 100 yards in a half would be an improvement. 

Sounds like he's planning on it being soley based on yac. I assume after watching film of Bryce trying to throw it more than 20 yards down the field he decided run plus dink and dunk is the best option. We'll still be facing the same problem of defenses squatting within 20 yards of the line of scrimmage til we get a new QB

We all know that Bryce doesn't have the strongest NFL arm but to blame the lack of a downfield passing game solely on him is laughable. We had the worst WR's in the NFL at creating separation and a scheme that did little on getting guys open. Also, the O line couldn't block a strong gust of wind for more than 2 seconds so it's no surprise that defenses played within 20 years of the LOS because they knew that.  

• Pie 4

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

He's so positive, I kinda feel like he's shooting sunshine up our ass all the time. Admittedly, it may be a personal problem. We're in a honeymoon phase. We'll see what he sounds like at the beginning of November.

Yeah he kinda reminds me of the new supervisor at my company. Seems to be a really nice guy, but feels like he is just talking to make us feel good and we are waiting for the horrible shoe to drop. 

• Pie 2

10 hours ago, Jmac said:

So if our "franchise QB" isn't the main "cog in the wheel".....then he is not a franchise QB.

Just a so-called "game manager". If that is the case, he wasn't worth what they gave up to get him.

I think we already know that to be true.