• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are expected to trade or release veteran corner Donte Jackson, per sources.

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Our 8-pick 2018 draft will almost be gone entirely minus Haynes.  Donte (along with Haynes) have not been in the NFL for a winning team yet in 6 years.  And then with Burns likely gone, that's no one remaining from 2019.

Moton and Shaq are the only guys here who've experience any modicum of success as Panthers.  

Just crazy. 

The lowest period in Panthers history just keeps getting worse and worse.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

since we likely are not winning poo this year, its best to just ride with motons contract and no restructuring and kicking the can down the road. 

I agree, but the interest in OTs right now could be an indication that he is not our RT in 2025.  He will be 31, and while that is not too old for a T, it is too much for a 31 year old RT with his credentials.

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yeah I don't see us getting an offers for him.  

I'm sure the news is out because they already did all the calling with teams on Jackson

got to be an odd time to try to get a pick for a meh vet given everyone around the league is excited about getting new talent soon via the draft. 

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree, but the interest in OTs right now could be an indication that he is not our RT in 2025.  He will be 31, and while that is not too old for a T, it is too much for a 31 year old RT with his credentials.

I saw that if designated june cut it would save 17m in cap if we didnt mind the dead money.  Probably not worth it i dont think but maybe worth noting if they dont designate jackson as the june cut.

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I'm fine with this. Let's get out of all our bad contracts now. We're going to suck next year, just embrace it and start building towards a better future. 

100% of the focus should be on offense. I dont care if we go 0-18, scoring 30 points a game and still losing. We have to solve the Bryce question. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I saw that if designated june cut it would save 17m in cap if we didnt mind the dead money.  Probably not worth it i dont think but maybe worth noting if they dont designate jackson as the june cut.

Depends on the timing.... I don't see us cutting Moton though.

My hat's off to Dante. Some may differ, but while great CBs came and went, others disappointed, others stay injured...Dante held the position down. His own injuries started to take their toll, but even when he played on a bad toe a couple of years ago, he was effective. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The roster bonus isn't a trade secret. It wasn't like thia was going to be hard to figure out. Not to mention that is not a very tradeable contract 

If I'm not mistaken, someone trading for Donte would only be on the hook for 4-5 million.  We get the 10mil dead cap hit.  That doesn't seem too extravagant for an above average vet corner.  How many cbs in this draft will step in and be better right now.  If I'm a team that wants to win right now, I may have some interest.

21 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

This is just what the fans wanted. 

The Panthers won't even bother to field a defense! 

This is going to be a rough year. Unless a miracle off-season happens, or Bryce turns into a super star, this team does not look like it will be competing for more than 5 wins. It would not shock me if the Panthers are picking first overall again next year.

• Pie 2