• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

6 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

The Falcons are gonna lose picks when the NFL does the investigation on the whole Kirk Cousins tampering deal so I can see why they went ahead and took a QB now. Take the guy you like now because you'll be too good with Kirk to be picking that high and you'll lack the capital go trade up. 

They signed Kirk because they think they have a legit SB window with him at QB

They could have just added an elite prospect to help on said SB run

Making a pick for the future because they're about to lose even more draft picks, and thus lose out on more players they could use for said hopeful SB run, is the epitome of stupid.

If they lose say their 1st next year because of this, that means they'll have signed Kirk for a SB run and then not had a 1st round pick to help out in the first 2 years of his contract.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

Just now, jb2288 said:

I think they know they tampered and will be losing their 1st next year. Grab your future dude while you have the chance. Who knows what 2026 looks like 

🤔

You may be on to something there!

Just now, Basbear said:

Edge is still valuable and the DT is Stoopid high as well. 

CB are getting paid. 

You got to stop those QBs and WRs ...

the rules are set up to favor WRs in a matchup between the two positions, they thus inherently offer more to your capacity to win. 

defensive players will still get drafted high but they need to be rare prospects 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

5 QB's top 10 is crazy to me

I think the odds for bo going in the first are over 50% now as well, at the start I thought maybe 10%....Now Id say its a near lock 93% chance. 

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not sure which pick is worse.  Penix or JJ...

Easily Penix.  Vikings didn’t just didn’t just pay a FA QB 180M and have a QB hole. 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

5 QB's top 10 is crazy to me

If you don't have a QB you don't have a chance.

With the rookie wage scale you're no longer paying high picks like surefire HOFers so if you don't have a QB and you think there's a guy there who might be a franchise guy you almost HAVE to take him.

Just don't trade the franchise to draft a guy who lacks any NFL measurables. Don't do that.

• Beer 1