• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do You Agree With The Neglect of the Offensive Line from This Draft???

A lot of us were calling for offensive line help this draft this off-season after seeing it collapse last year due to injuries. 

I personally found it bizzare that they would spend so much addressing RG and LG. And then just do a patch job at C relying on two guys that have been injured two years in a row and have minimal experience playing the position in the NFL. 

What were your thoughts on this? This is probably the main thing the made me not love this draft.  If wed drafted JPJ or Frazier in R2 and gotten a decent RB later it woudlve been perfect to me.

I feel like all that money they spent will be pissed into to the wind if Corbett/Christensen/Mays suck and/are injured.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Looks like we should have made you the GM. You obviously know more than Dan Morgan and everyone who observes practice and talks to the players daily. 

dan morgan like young, didnt want to trade burns, liked dj johnson and pushed for jamie robinson

if people are skeptical its not blindly

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

I don’t know I’m starting to get a suspicion Corbett was never the true plan and it was always BC. If true, we already have 2 centers on the roster and we know BC is an average to above average guard based on his rookie year. Gotta imagine he is better in year 3 even coming off injury and can hope he’s able to make the switch 

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

I don’t know I’m starting to get a suspicion Corbett was never the true plan and it was always BC. If true, we already have 2 centers on the roster and we know BC is an average to above average guard based on his rookie year. Gotta imagine he is better in year 3 even coming off injury and can hope he’s able to make the switch 

if we are relying on a guy who has never played center coming off a season ending injury to be the center then we are not even giving bryce a chance........oh wait we are and its his back up as well

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Hubris. It should be familiar by now and it looks to be a common tendency in people Tepper employs. Thankfully it is also hilarious to watch people try to prop it up. Straight Chandler vibes on this one. Will it be health or just being flat out bad for Corbett? Maybe both lol. 

18 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

A lot of us were calling for offensive line help this draft this off-season after seeing it collapse last year due to injuries. 

I personally found it bizzare that they would spend so much addressing RG and LG. And then just do a patch job at C relying on two guys that have been injured two years in a row and have minimal experience playing the position in the NFL. 

What were your thoughts on this? This is probably the main thing the made me not love this draft.  If wed drafted JPJ or Frazier in R2 and gotten a decent RB later it woudlve been perfect to me.

I feel like all that money they spent will be pissed into to the wind if Corbett/Christensen/Mays suck and/are injured.

It was smart and intentional, use free agency to improve and stabilize the offensive line then they can focus specifically on offensive playmakers in the draft

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

dan morgan like young, didnt want to trade burns, liked dj johnson and pushed for jamie robinson

if people are skeptical its not blindly

How do you know this?

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Given our small QB, we should be taking OL every year until we have a solid line with solid depth. 

Looking at top 30 visits, they only looked at guards and tackles.

Four of their 15 visits were OL so they were thinking about it.

Those 4 went.

55th, 77th, 81st, 108th.

Basically, they planned to get one in the 3rd-4th round but opted for the linebacker and TE instead.

• Pie 1

I believe we signed those 2 OGs, signed a swing OT, and have Corbett and BC coming back from injury. It’s a completely different OL with some actual depth. Our top goal was to fix the OL and we threw a lot of cash at it in free agency. 
I would have liked an OL with a late pick, but 6th round vs UDFA aren’t that different. We pretty much used our late rounds to fill some defense depth. 

• Pie 2